Trimble introduces Tekla 2019 structural BIM software solutions
Real-Time visibility, sharing and mobility across project teams.
Trimble has recently introduced the latest versions of its Tekla Building Information Modelling (BIM) software solutions for the construction industry: Tekla Structures 2019, Tekla Structural Designer 2019, Tekla Tedds 2019 and Tekla EPM 2019. Trimble’s solutions support professionals in the structural steel, precast and cast-in-place concrete industries with the Constructible Process, an innovative approach for the digital transformation of architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) workflows.
Tekla Structures 2019 delivers enhancements, improvements and new features that enable smoother workflows, more precise control and improved productivity, including:
- Geometry improvements for describing curved structures, such as bent plates and staircases that boost productivity and eliminate the need for workarounds.
- New automated features for model-based drawing production and upgraded precast production data exports, which support more streamlined design communication and information transfer from detailing to production.
- Rebar detailing enhancements, such as rebar rounding at the model, set and modifier levels, which allow more intuitive control and efficiency when detailing and documenting reinforced cast-in-place concrete.
- Cast-in-place (CIP) concrete workflows for improved Pour Unit, which make it easier than ever to create reliable, structured pour takeoffs, reports and drawings.
- CIP concrete formwork tools that are upgraded and simplified to boost detailed and efficient formwork workflow.
Tekla Structures 2019 includes new tools such as Revit Export, an extension which brings greater flexibility when working with .rvt files, and the Design-to-Cost tool, which supports faster value engineering and more economical precast solutions.
A new Bridge Creator extension, which makes early design phase workflows faster and easier, has also been introduced as part of a new customized bridge designer role and ribbon menu containing productivity-boosting bridge design tools.
Improvements in drawings include annotation cloning for faster and easier creation of general arrangement drawings, more intelligent handling of drawing views, improved dimensioning productivity, and increased support for a wider variety of Building Information Modelling (BIM) objects. It is also now easier to meet office standards for documents and drawings, with enhanced Drawing Content Management and aligned marks.
Tekla Structural Designer 2019 updates around flexibility and interoperability. The new Core Walls feature enhances real-world simulation and constructible core wall modelling, and new and improved export features focus on data interoperability with Tekla Structures and Autodesk Revit. In addition, the interface and usability for users of Tekla Structural Designer and Tekla Structures have been fine-tuned for a more aligned experience.
Tekla Tedds 2019 offers even better integration with Tekla Structures, meaning more convenient design management for users of both Tekla products. Users can also now create even more professional BIM design documentation and use Tedds calculations to create professional PDFs.
Tekla EPM 2019 introduces an advanced model-based viewer that brings productivity gains through enhanced collaboration and real-time visualization for steel fabrication management. The earlier versions of Tekla EPM are known as FabSuite. Tekla BIM and Management Information System (MIS) software solutions are used around the world to design, detail, fabricate and erect construction projects of all sizes from bridges to skyscrapers. Trimble’s continuous development of Tekla software and commitment to innovation enable the company to focus on providing solutions that can transform the structural engineering and construction industries.
To learn more and to download Tekla 2019 versions, visit: www.tekla.com/2019.
Press contacts:Marian Thomasson