- You warrant that (i) you are entitled to upload the ”Content” and grant Trimble licenses to it as set forth below; (ii) submission of such Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and (iii) your disclosure of the Content does not violate any obligations of confidentiality that you may have towards any third party.
- You grant Trimble a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and transferable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, modify, publicly perform and publicly display your Content for the purpose of marketing and sales demonstration of Trimble and/or Tekla products, and for the purpose of further development of the Trimble and/or Tekla products and related services.
- The winners will be personally informed.
- Winners are responsible for paying any income tax due on a prize.
- Prizes will not be paid out in cash.
- Trimble has no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not received. Participants shall submit only copies of materials, not originals.
- In the event of any dispute, Trimble’s decision is final and not subject to legal recourse.
- Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
Description of the Tekla BIM Awards
The Tekla BIM Awards is a structural project competition for our customers around the world who use Tekla software. The competition is a way to express appreciation towards our Tekla software customers and to share their success stories. Together with forward-thinking customers, Tekla software plays a significant role in building many complex and iconic structures, as well as in leading the construction industry's BIM development.
The competition is organized in two rounds. The first round is local in a country or a region. In the second round, the winners of these local competitions enter into the Tekla Global BIM Awards.
Who can participate in the Tekla Global BIM Awards and how?
Winners of the local Tekla BIM Awards will be sent to the global competition. Students can enter their projects either through a local competition or through global qualifying. Developers can enter their projects at the global level through this web page during the submission period.
Trimble organizes the global competition in the categories below (note: local categories may be different from global ones.) Trimble reserves the right to place a project into a suitable category:
- Commercial projects: A building designed for commercial use, e.g. offices, residential complexes, hotels, client utility buildings, and shopping malls or other mercantile buildings.
- Public projects: A building used by the general public, e.g. healthcare facilities, hospitals, educational facilities, airports, research centers, and government buildings.
- Industrial projects: A building used for industrial purposes, e.g. a factory, power plant, mill, drilling rig, or warehouse.
- Infrastructure projects: Non-occupied physical structures such as bridges and tunnels.
- Sports & recreation projects: Buildings or other structures used for sport or recreational purposes, e.g. stadiums, sports tracks, sports centers and other sport-related facilities.
- Small projects: A project that is small, but is also complex or innovative. Not restricted by building types.
- Student projects: A project done by a full-time enrolled student or a group of students in an educational institute. Not restricted by building types.
- API developer projects: An application developed with any Tekla API. The application can be free, commercial, internal or built for a student project. The application can be implemented with the Tekla Open API, Tekla EPM Open API, Tekla Tedds API, Tekla Structural Designer Open API, or Trimble Connect API/SDK.
Note: Local categories may be different from global categories. Trimble reserves the right to place a project to a suitable category.
Who organizes this global competition?
Trimble Solutions Corporation, Hatsinanpuisto 8, 02600 Espoo, Finland (“Trimble”).
Trimble has nominated a jury of internal and external construction industry and BIM experts.
The judging criteria on this page apply to the Tekla BIM Awards.
Best BIM Project: The best project selected by the jury across all categories
The grand prize in the Tekla Global BIM Awards 2024: Two persons are invited to Trimble Dimensions in Las Vegas, USA (including flights, hotel accommodation and event tickets).
The prizes for the category winners in the Trimble Global BIM Awards will be announced later.
All winners will receive global publicity on different Trimble channels and/or through industry media.
Tekla BIM Awards website visitors can vote on the public’s favorite project.
Only one vote per person is allowed. Multiple votes from a single person will be disqualified.
Clauses 3 through 8 of our Tekla BIM Awards terms and conditions apply to this competition as well. Promoter: Trimble Solutions Corporation, Hatsinanpuisto 8, 02600 Espoo, Finland.