- You warrant that (i) you are entitled to upload the ”Content” and grant Trimble licenses to it as set forth below; (ii) submission of such Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and (iii) your disclosure of the Content does not violate any obligations of confidentiality that you may have towards any third party.
- You grant Trimble a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and transferable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, modify, publicly perform and publicly display your Content for the purpose of marketing and sales demonstration of Trimble and/or Tekla products, and for the purpose of further development of the Trimble and/or Tekla products and related services.
- The winners will be personally informed.
- Winners are responsible for paying any income tax due on a prize.
- Prizes will not be paid out in cash.
- Trimble has no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not received. Participants shall submit only copies of materials, not originals.
- In the event of any dispute, Trimble’s decision is final and not subject to legal recourse.
- Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
Description of the Tekla BIM Awards
The Tekla BIM Awards is a structural project competition for our customers around the world who use Tekla software. The competition is a way to express appreciation towards our Tekla software customers and to share their success stories. Together with forward-thinking customers, Tekla software plays a significant role in building many complex and iconic structures, as well as in leading the construction industry's BIM development.
The competition is organized in two rounds. The first round is local in a country or a region. In the second round, the winners of these local competitions enter into the Tekla Global BIM Awards.
Who can participate and how?
The competition is open to Tekla software customers who have designed construction projects using Tekla Structures or Tekla Structural Designer. Participants need to submit their projects here.
Tekla North America project categories
Projects of all shapes, sizes or materials can be entered as long as Tekla Structures or Tekla Structural Designer has been used. Unless otherwise noted, entries must be novel, innovative or complex and modeled/managed with Tekla software. If you can’t decide which project you think is your strongest, you can enter more than one project – but only one entry per category.
- Steel projects: Structures where the project material is predominately Steel.
- Multimaterial projects: Structures that include multiple materials.
- Cast-in-place projects: Structures where the project material is predominately Cast-In-Place Concrete.
- Precast projects: Structures where the project material is predominately Precast Concrete.
- Small projects: Structures that contain no more than 2500 parts.
- Tekla Structural Designer: Any model that is created with Tekla Structural Designer.
Note: Trimble reserves the right to place a project to a suitable category.
Global Awards categories can be viewed via Tekla Global BIM Awards terms and conditions.
Who organizes this global competition?
Trimble Inc., 1075 Big Shanty Rd. NW, Suite 175, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (“Trimble”).
Trimble has nominated a jury of internal and external construction industry and BIM experts.
The judging criteria on this page apply to the Tekla North America BIM Awards.
Tekla North America BIM Awards prizes
One winner of each category will be awarded the following prizes:
- Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset
- Certificate and trophy
- Free advanced online training ($1,400 value)
- Project reference story placed in industry media outlets
- Animated video presentation of your project
- Entry into the Tekla Global BIM Awards
Global Awards prizes can be viewed via Tekla Global BIM Awards terms and conditions.
Tekla North America BIM Awards website visitors can vote on the public’s favorite project.
Only one vote per person is allowed. Multiple votes from a single person will be disqualified.
Clauses 3 through 8 of our Tekla North America BIM Awards terms and conditions apply to this competition as well. Promoter: Trimble Inc., 1075 Big Shanty Rd. NW, Suite 175, Kennesaw, GA 30144