We will be looking for: collaboration between multiple participants and use of IFC and open BIM; challenges solved with Tekla; perhaps a multi-material aspect or complexity of geometry; and most importantly the cool factor - uniqueness of the project and creativity in the project execution.
All projects entered are opened up to review by the public, who then vote for their favorite.
One winner of each category will be awarded the following prizes:
• 4k drone
• Certificate and trophy
• Free advanced online training ($1,400 value)
• Project reference story placed in industry media outlets
• Animated video presentation of your project
• Recognition in front of your industry peers during Tekla Basecamp 2021
• 1 complimentary Tekla Basecamp 2021 registration pass
• Entry into the Tekla Global BIM Awards
The 2021 Tekla North America BIM Awards has a special category for students. Entering your project into the competition is a great way to highlight your talent in civil and structural engineering or construction management. The competition offers students a way to showcase their skills among the most iconic projects in the industry. Also, winning looks great on your resume and can help land you a great job after graduation.
The student projects may be carried out individually or in teams of maximum five members.