Realize 3D model benefits in fabrication
Using the model in your fabrication workflow ensures improved project management and information flow between detailing and production.
When the constructable Tekla Structures model is the source of information, you always have the same consistent data to utilize, be it for material reports, fabrication drawings or data for the production office, shop floor and CNC machines.
Production status such as the progress of CNC machines and welding stations, can be monitored directly and visually from within the model. This helps you plan and observe projects and production, accurately and with full confidence.
With easy to use mobile solutions everybody has access to the visual 3D model information. This helps fabrication personnel to better understand the work in progress and improves both the efficiency and quality of production.
With Tekla Structures you can also quickly create conceptual models and generate accurate quantities for estimation and bidding, visualize structural solutions and present them in a professional way to your clients to help them understand better the project and win you more work.
Work effectively with complementary technologies
- Interface with all the leading MIS software and CNC equipment via proprietary links as well as standard formats including IFC, DXF, DWG and DSTV-NC.
- Integrate Tekla Structures with your own processes and applications through the Tekla Open API™ programming interface for seamless data transfer.
Get the most out of the detailed 3D model
- Plan and manage the project by classifying and organizing the detailed model into building sections, project phases, truck loads or any breakdown.
- Communicate and monitor progress by visualizing production status in the model.
- Optimize production planning by including erection sequences and detailing status information to the model.
- Generate up to date reports on demand.
- View, navigate and get item information from the model with easy to use mobile tools.
Mobile solutions bring the model to the shop floor and on site
- Streamline the communication process by sharing project information with Trimble Connect.
- Inquire additional information and measure dimensions as needed using our desktop or mobile applications.
- Make complex assemblies and details easy to understand Improve understanding on the shop floor and on site by using the model with Trimble Connect.
- Enhance real-time communication by adding comments, creating to do's, feedback etc. to the model.