Tekla Structural Designer
Seamlessly combine design & analysis into one easy and efficient single model-based process.
Our simple, integrated design & analysis software enables engineers to deliver safe, effective, and rationalized design more quickly, regardless of structural material. Try it for yourself and revolutionize the way you work today!
Analyze and design buildings efficiently
Tekla Structural Designer is software that gives engineers the power to analyze and design buildings efficiently and profitably.
Fully automated and packed with many unique features for optimized concrete and steel design, Tekla Structural Designer helps engineering businesses to win more work and maximize profits. From the quick comparison of alternative design schemes through to cost-effective change management and seamless BIM collaboration, Tekla Structural Designer can transform your business.
Since we started using Tekla, my team has certainly become more productive. Their software helps us deliver value engineering and we can now manage changes more effectively - both of these are about the most important needs we have in our daily work."
- Mr. Kuah Kee Hong, Technical Director of Structure Department, Sepakat Setia Perunding (Malaysia)
Key software benefits
- Achieve faster design times
- Establish the best solution quickly
- Manage changes easily
- Maximize profitability and efficiency
- Supports Eurocodes, US, Indian and Australian codes and British Standards
One product, one interface, one model
From scheme design all the way through to detailed design, one single model will cover all your structural analysis and design requirements, encompassing both gravity and lateral systems. With Tekla Structural Designer there are no additional modules to buy and you will not waste time switching between multiple software packages to achieve your final design solution.
A revolutionary approach
Unlike traditional analysis software, with Tekla Structural Designer you can create physical, information-rich models that contain all the intelligence needed to fully automate the design and manage project changes. Achieve faster design times and maximize profitability.
Seamless BIM integration
Because you are creating a single model with a single data set, BIM integration is smooth and effective. Collaborate seamlessly, instantly assess the impact of changes and deliver a more optimized solution to your client.
Automated wind loading
We understand how painful it can be to apply loading so we have made it easier for you. Full building wind loads are automatically calculated and applied to your model, saving your time on this long winded and complex task. And there is no need to worry about all the other lateral loading required by the design code because Tekla Structural Designer takes care of these for you.
Tekla Structural Designer automatically generates an underlying and highly sophisticated analytical model from the physical model, allowing you to concentrate on the design. Regardless of the model’s size or complexity, the software’s powerful analytical engine and many unique features will save you time by accurately predicting the building’s design forces and overall performance.
The software incorporates a highly powerful Finite Element (FE) engine. Whether you are considering an irregular concrete flat plate with openings, or a complex core wall system, you can take advantage of fully automated FE meshing tools and lightning fast analysis to explore their behavior.
Reviewing analysis data is very important. Despite being fully automated, Tekla Structural Designer offers completely transparent analysis results so you can investigate the design forces, explore deflections and view all the calculations, giving you complete confidence in the design results.
Optimize multi-material buildings, in steel or reinforced concrete, in a fraction of the time. Tekla Structural Designer includes all the critical information needed to provide a fully automated design to your chosen building code. Regardless of complexity, you can design all members and consider the overall 3D building design in one seamless process.
Tekla’s unique approach to combining analysis and design means that you will not need to spend time processing analysis data. This integrated approach also enables you to manage changes effectively and provide fast response times to your clients.
Efficient reinforced concrete design
The software will instantly achieve an optimized design for all rebar within the beams, columns, slabs, flat plates and walls. Once designed, detailed reinforcement drawings and accurate material quantities are automatically generated for the whole building, meaning you can provide cost options early in the design process.
Optimized steel design
Tekla Structural Designer will design all the steelwork automatically, based on the engineer’s specific requirements. This includes the detailed design and optimization of composite beams, columns, US joists, trusses, braces and plated sections. Maximize your efficiency and achieve the optimum design at the touch of a button.
Compare design schemes
It takes just a few minutes to create a range of alternative schemes and establish the most cost effective solution for your client. You can become more competitive and bid more effectively with minimal effort.
It is easy to communicate your design because Tekla Structural Designer automatically produces accurate and detailed documentation including calculation reports, material take offs and drawings. Reinforcement drawings for the entire building or tonnages of steel for estimating, all available in a touch of a button.
Because the single model contains all the design information, you can generate documentation and make informed decisions at any stage of the project, starting at very early scheme design. The calculation reports are linked directly to the model, so they update automatically. This means you can manage changes instantly, removing the need to generate new reports manually when variations occur.
Range of export options
Whether you wish to provide beam reactions or bracing forces to the contractor or prepare calculation reports for submission, Tekla Structural Designer enables you to export data to a wide range of file formats. Increase communication and reduce the risk of errors.
Designed with BIM in mind
Tekla Structural Designer has been developed specifically to help the design engineer maximize collaboration with other project parties, including technicians, fabricators and architects. Its unique functionality enables you to integrate the physical design model seamlessly with Tekla Structures or Autodesk® Revit®, and to round-trip without compromising vital design data.
For total flexibility and to save valuable design and drafting time, the model can start life in Tekla Structural Designer, or alternatively in Tekla Structures or Autodesk Revit.
You can synchronize models multiple times with confidence, throughout the project lifecycle. Tekla Structural Designer provides powerful and unique auditing tools to highlight exactly what has been added, changed or deleted during integration. This reduces the risk of errors and ensures you are kept fully informed during the integration process.
The Discovery series of videos has been created to to show how simple Tekla Structural Designer is to use. Each video focuses on a different structural element and looks at the basic functionality of the software, such as load and analyse, develop your scheme, review your design and create detailed calculation reports and material lists. Tekla Structural Designer effectively combines the modelling, loading and analysis, and documentation of your structural design in either steel or concrete and allows easy comparison of design schemes. Discover Tekla Structural Designer for yourself.
Element Design - Watch the video to see how easy it is to:
- Catalogue Sections & Composite Beams.
- Cellular Westok & Plated Beams
- Swap between beam types to optimise scheme.
- Visualise elements in greater detail.
- Enhance design with web-openings.
- Create detail beam drawings in one click.
- Auto-design Westok Floor, Roof & Plated Beams.
- Automatically infills cells with incoming beams.
- Integrates with Westok Cellbeam software.
- Use our FREE of charge "Integrator" plug-in
- Export just the elements you are interested in
- Import into Tekla Structural Designer in seconds
- Add loads and combinations
- Check or auto-design members and foundations
- Move grid lines and add detail checks
- Use view filters to review changes
- Synchronise high level details like web openings.
- Rapidly model Grids, Columns, Wall & Slabs
- Raft Slab tool sets bearing capacity
- Soil Springs automatically created
- Load & analyse Raft Slab in seconds
- Graphically interpret bearing pressures
- Specify loaded “Patches” for additional rebar
- Auto design Raft, Patches & Punching Shear
- Export reinforcement plan to DXF
- Rapidly produce detailed member drawings
- Generate GA’s plans & elevations in a single click
- Foundations plans produced in seconds
- Beam and foundation reactions marked up
- Scaling and layer controls automated
- Highly detailed beam, column and slab plans
- Apply roof and wall panels
- View automated local zoning
- Review applied net pressures
- Review design calculations
- Save hours on wind load calculations
- Easily import 2D DXF layouts
- Rapidly create member loads and combinations
- Analyse in less than a second
- Automatically design schemes in one click
- Review 3D analytical results.
- Rapidly create pile and ground beams
- Add and copy member loads
- Interactively review the automated design
- Create detailed calculation reports and material lists
- Automate rebar drawings to DXF.