BIM Solution for Educational Institutions
Make your students focus on the essence of structural engineering instead of manual drawing.
The transition from education to work is often both a challenge and a prospect for a young graduate. To ease this step, Tekla offers all educational institutions the affordable educational license program. The program provides students with a firm foundation to learn and train on Tekla Structures Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
Guaranteed future in the construction industry
The construction industry is increasingly using 3D modeling tools, and Tekla’s educational software license helps to teach students the value of a constructable 3D building information model. With Tekla Structures, students can carry out each stage of a design project from conceptual design all the way through to erection and construction planning. Students realize the importance of collaboration and the benefits of sharing project data right from the beginning.
Tekla provides students with a vital component of what they need in the commercial marketplace and places them on the fast-track to real life productivity.
- Offer BIM education utilizing modern tools
- With Tekla Campus, it is easy to include BIM into curriculum
- Tekla Structures Educational License is for all educational institutions
Many educational institutions around the world use Tekla Structures as part of their curriculum.
- California Polytechnic State University in the US has implemented Tekla Structures in the Emerging Trends course with a hands-on project. Read more
- The Ruhruniversity Bochum in Germany plays an active role in the industry and is a source of young engineers worldwide. They have launched a new course “Steel structures in BIM”. See how they have benefitted from Tekla offering Read more
Tekla Campus offers a Tekla Structures license for registered students in order to let them download the software for free and start practising. Tekla Campus also offers basic course material and a discussion forum for support.
We are committed to providing our academia partners with access to our solutions. Tekla Structures is free for students and faculty through Tekla Campus, the online academy. Tekla educational license program* is designed for schools who would like to install Tekla software on lab computers and have access to online services, such as Tekla Warehouse and Tekla User Assistance.
The educational license program offers :
- Unlimited annual licenses
- Local environments and Tekla Structures in 15 languages
- Annual software Maintenance agreement
- New version updates
- Interactive training material
- Support from experienced industry specialists
The educational license program is available in two different program bundles.
Tekla software educational license includes Tekla Structures, the Tekla Building Information Modeling (BIM) software for teaching BIM, detailing and construction management.
Tekla software educational license bundle includes Tekla Structures, Tekla Structural Designer and Tekla Tedds. The solution allows you to teach Building Information Modeling, detailing, construction management, analysis and calculations of structures in an advanced manner. This bundle is only available in certain areas. Please contact the local Tekla reseller for more information.
*Please note that the licensing terms limit the usage of the educational license for non-productive use only.