Revit - Tekla Structures workflows
Tekla Structures and Autodesk Revit support open format BIM file collaboration (IFC files according to ISO 16739:2013) which makes BIM collaboration simple and effective. This is the preferred method to transfer data rich 3D models between the softwares.
Where a Revit user does not wish to use an IFC file, Tekla Structures (from version 2019 onwards) can create a .rvt file as requested (as well as other formats such as 3D DWG, 3D DGN etc).
There are limitations to this .rvt file:
- As with all Revit files, there is no guarantee that future versions of Revit will be able to read this file - so it is not suitable for archiving. IFC files are text based and suitable for archiving
- Drawing sheets, views, schedules etc are not included in the .rvt but can be included into a project bank (e.g BIM360) as a PDF file
- Families are built from Tekla objects, but may differ in e.g naming, from what could be desired
See an example of Tekla - Revit BIM Workflow in Tekla User Assistance
Revit - Tekla Structural Designer workflow
Download Integrator and synchronize models with Autodesk Revit:
- Start the integration process in Tekla Structural Designer or in Revit
- Synchronize models in either direction
- Intelligently map section/family types between modeling systems
- Save bespoke mapping routines
- Filter in/out key groups of objects, such as slabs, walls and braces
- Produce log reports at each stage of the integration process
- Track changes at an elemental level using unique IDs
- Use colour coding to see the integration status
- Communicate end forces, web openings and stiffeners for steel frames
Download Tekla Structural Designer Integrator for Autodesk Revit
Help and other information
In case of problems; please direct all feedback to: Tekla_Revit_Feedback@trimble.com
Tekla Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) Import to Revit Add-In has been developed to improve the import of Tekla Structures IFC files by using the Revit API to create native objects from the data supplied by the Tekla IFC file.
Autodesk and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, in the USA and/or other countries.