Tekla Structures BIM software
We constantly test and develop Tekla Structures and help you to get started with it.
Models created with Tekla BIM software carry the accurate, reliable and detailed information needed for successful Building Information Modeling and construction execution. Welcome smoother workflow to your company with Tekla Structures and constructable models.
Tekla works with all materials and the most complex structures – you set the limits. Our customers have used Tekla Structures to model stadiums, offshore structures, plants and factories, residential buildings, bridges and skyscrapers.
Help with implementation
Tekla staff and our resellers help with implementation of the software. We come close to our customers and offer local support and trainings.
Open approach to Building Information Modeling
Tekla is ready to use, but you can optimize it if you want. As Tekla has an open approach to BIM, you can run other providers’ solutions and fabrication machinery and still interface with Tekla. Extending and enhancing Tekla Structures is easy with Tekla Open API, the application interface.
One software solution, different configurations and environments
Tekla Structures is one software solution that has different configurations to match different needs of our customers.
Tekla Structures has 30 localized environments and 14 user interface languages to make using and implementing the software easier around the world.
- Collaborate and integrate thanks to open BIM approach.
- Model all materials.
- Handle even the largest, most complex structures.
- Create accurate, constructable models.
- Let information flow from design and detailing to construction site.
Analysis & Design Go Hand in Hand
With Tekla software, you can model any type of structure of any material, or include several materials to one model. The software can interface with several analysis and design (A&D) packages through Tekla Open API. In addition, Tekla Structures links with A&D packages by file transfer. Supported formats include, for example, SDNF, CIS/2 and IFC. If you use in-house A&D calculation spreadsheets, Tekla Structures can also link with these.
The benefits of linking with A&D packages include coordination and visualization with the model, drawings and reports and efficient change management. Both engineers and draftsmen can work on the same project model.
Drawings, reports and machinery
Tekla integrates with the most of major advanced production or resource planning and machine automation systems that fabricators of steel structures, precast concrete elements and rebar use. Production information can automatically transfer from Tekla model to these systems and minimize manual work and errors. Drawings can be extracted from the model, and they update with the model. Additionally, you can use the model for material quantity take offs.
To interface with a broader range of manufacturing machinery, Tekla uses different file formats.
Tekla software allows effective information flow: Architects, engineers and contractors can share and coordinate project information. Tekla links with major AEC, MEP and with plant design software solutions thanks to open BIM approach and IFC compliancy. The software supports DGN and DWG. Tekla BIM software also integrates with industry leading construction management and analysis and design software.
The benefits of this open approach include better layout coordination and structural information that supports leaner construction. Users enjoy better productivity and less frustration.
Tekla also links to project management applications that further help the users understand and visualize the true scope and context of schedule line items, material ordering, payment requests, and the objects that other project parties create. In addition, mapping critical components of project management information into corresponding intelligent model objects provides users the opportunity to create dashboard views of project status.
Tekla Structures uses FlexNet Publisher Licensing, an activation-based floating licensing system. To get started:
- Install and set up a license server either on a server computer to serve multiple users or on a single computer to serve a single user.
- Activate your licenses: the license rights are transferred from Tekla to your company and the licenses become enabled at your end.
- In a server computer system, point each client computer with Tekla Structures to the license server.
Flexible license handling
- Efficient handling of licenses. The licenses can be activated on a server in a local area network. When a user starts Tekla Structures, the software automatically obtains a license from the server. When the user no longer needs the license, the license is returned to the license server and it is available to another user.
- Multiple options for managing licenses. You do not have to install all of your licenses on the same server computer. You can easily change the location of the licenses by deactivating the licenses, and then reactivating them on another computer.
- Create user groups with different access rights.
- Borrowing a license for offline use. When users have no connection to the license server, they can borrow licenses for a limited time for offline use.