AEC engineers designing commercial buildings
Using Tekla Structures, engineers can create a single building model in order to collaborate efficiently with architects, mechanical & electrical engineers, contractors and fabricators. You can automatically produce all structural documentation, including construction drawings, steel and reinforcement detailed drawings, reports and material schedules. By integrating the structural model with Tekla’s dedicated analysis & design solution, Tekla Structural Designer, or a range of other provider’s packages, you can increase efficiencies and avoid errors.
EPC & industrial engineers designing plant structures
Tekla Structures enables engineers to coordinate and deliver the structural design, fabrication, construction and maintenance of industrial facilities throughout their lifecycle.
Ensure accuracy by coordinating with leading plant design software and integrate with a wide range of structural analysis & design products. The highly detailed and constructible Tekla Structures models help you to deliver industrial projects on time and to the owners and operators’ specifications.
Drawings, reports and machinery
Tekla integrates with the most of major advanced production or resource planning and machine automation systems that fabricators of steel structures, precast concrete elements and rebar use. Production information can automatically transfer from Tekla model to these systems and minimize manual work and errors. Drawings can be extracted from the model, and they update with the model. Additionally, you can use the model for material quantity take offs.
To interface with a broader range of manufacturing machinery, Tekla uses different file formats.
Tekla software allows effective information flow: Architects, engineers and contractors can share and coordinate project information. Tekla links with major AEC, MEP and with plant design software solutions thanks to open BIM approach and IFC compliancy. The software supports DGN and DWG. Tekla BIM software also integrates with industry leading construction management and analysis and design software.
The benefits of this open approach include better layout coordination and structural information that supports leaner construction. Users enjoy better productivity and less frustration.
Tekla also links to project management applications that further help the users understand and visualize the true scope and context of schedule line items, material ordering, payment requests, and the objects that other project parties create. In addition, mapping critical components of project management information into corresponding intelligent model objects provides users the opportunity to create dashboard views of project status.
Tekla Structures uses FlexNet Publisher Licensing, an activation-based floating licensing system. To get started:
- Install and set up a license server either on a server computer to serve multiple users or on a single computer to serve a single user.
- Activate your licenses: the license rights are transferred from Tekla to your company and the licenses become enabled at your end.
- In a server computer system, point each client computer with Tekla Structures to the license server.
Flexible license handling
- Efficient handling of licenses. The licenses can be activated on a server in a local area network. When a user starts Tekla Structures, the software automatically obtains a license from the server. When the user no longer needs the license, the license is returned to the license server and it is available to another user.
- Multiple options for managing licenses. You do not have to install all of your licenses on the same server computer. You can easily change the location of the licenses by deactivating the licenses, and then reactivating them on another computer.
- Create user groups with different access rights.
- Borrowing a license for offline use. When users have no connection to the license server, they can borrow licenses for a limited time for offline use.