Link Your Concrete Layout Models to Reality with Tekla Concrete Layout Tools
Because time is money in concrete construction, efficiency contributes to profitability. Field layout is an essential task on every aspect of a concrete project where accuracy is a necessity. Tape measures, string lines and plumb bobs won't get you the accuracy you need and will most likely result in missing embeds, out of place anchor bolts, and other costly errors causing re-work, delays and opportunity losses.
Total stations dramatically increase productivity of the layout process and by integrating accurate Tekla models to Trimble’s layout tools. You can flexibly utilize the exact location information in the virtual building and make layout tasks faster and more exact.
Everything you want to measure on-site can be included in your constructible model. When your structure fits in the model, you know will fit in the real world. With Tekla, you can automatically generate and group layout points from the accurate model. Tekla software and Trimble total stations integrate seamlessly, but commitment to open BIM means that a variety of devices and background files are supported.
After the pour is done, you can link the field information back to the model, verify the accuracy of your work, and make any necessary changes so that your model matches the built reality. Ensure smooth progress on site with up-to-date, consistent information and documents created from constructible Tekla model.
Software Made to Generate Concrete Layout Data Fast and Flexibly
- Create layout points automatically for pours, embeds, anchor bolt groups, reinforcement and more in Tekla or directly on the Trimble Field Link tablet
- Group layout points automatically by the type, location, structure, or whatever needed
- Layout directly from the model linework with Trimble Field Link and save time not having to create points
Transfer Point Data From Virtual Model to Field Layout Solutions
- Export exact point data from the model directly to Trimble Field Link Controllers and Robotic Total Stations (RTS) or other manufacturers’ field layout devices
- Different file formats are supported on Trimble Field Link RTS controllers including IFC, SKP, PDF's (Vectorized/Electronic PDF's), DWG, and DXF backgrounds in 2D or 3D
Save Money On-site With Accurate, One Person Layout
- Trimble Robotic Total Stations make doing layout faster and more accurate than using traditional methods, up to 4x to 10x faster
- Take 3D positional data to the field digitally to increase project control
Transfer Updates From the Site Back to Model and Ensure Smooth Progress
- Verify the accuracy of your work on-site and transfer point data from field device back to the constructible Tekla model
- Efficient information management functionalities and automatic zooming into chosen data in Tekla makes locating points in virtual building easy
- Visualize and quantify the offsets and make any necessary changes in the model
- Changes in the model can be automatically updated to all drawings and reports
- With the Trimble Field LInk advanced reporting features, create Concrete Surface Analysis, Deviation lists, Daily Layout Summaries, and Field Reports, directly on-site