Tekla Structures is an intelligent, parametric Bridge Information Modeling (BrIM) solution for the constructible design of all bridge types, sizes, and materials.
All kinds of bridges and other civil structures
For us, at Trimble, a bridge is a structure designed to carry a road, rail, waterway, pipelines, pedestrians/cyclists, or wild-life paths, across a road, railway, river, or other obstacles such as valleys.
With high levels of satisfaction, our clients state that Tekla Structures is the best and most efficient Bridge Information Modeling (BrIM) solution in the market. This is due to the model-to-build approach, our collaborative tools and procedures, and closeness to the client attitude to help our clients deliver even the most complex designs such as double curved shape bridges.
With Tekla Structures (bridge design software) you can deliver any type of bridge or civil structure:
- Beam or box girder bridges
- Truss bridges
- Arch or Tied arch bridges
- Cantilever bridges
- Suspension bridges
- Cable-stayed bridges
- Underpasses or box culverts
- Any type of support or retaining wall
- Steel bridge
- Concrete bridge
- Integrated bridge
Tekla Structures allows you to deliver bridges made of the following materials:
- Precast concrete
Parametric modeling with high LOD
Tekla Structures is the most powerful, yet straightforward, 3D parametric modeling environment that automates repetitive tasks, and change updates. Your result is a truly constructible 3D bridge model, full-filling any LOD 300-400 requirement (read more about Level of Development).
In the end, you can be confident that all your deliverables including the model, all drawings, and material lists are consistent. And, within our maintenance program, we at Trimble stand close to you and support you throughout your journey to become a Tekla bridge expert and match today’s client's BrIM requirements.
Model to build and maintain
Tekla Structures is a full structural workflow solution from geometry to rebar design or connection detailing, followed by steel fabrication or precast manufacturing, all the way to erection and planning of scaffolding, concrete formwork, and pours on-site. And, when the revisions are updated during construction, the owner has an as-built model to be registered and used for asset management.
With Tekla Structures you can:
- Model to build
- Import road alignment automatically
- Define key sections easily
- Detail rebar efficiently, any size or complexity
- Update the model at any time
- Add content from our library
- Accurate quantities and documentation
- Communicate with the model
- Prevent errors and waste on-site
- Use the model for asset management
Smart Bridge Facility Management
Move your bridge life-cycle management to model-based workflow, including approval processes and construction projects. Achieve better project delivery without delays and over budget. After construction use and update the digital as-built bridge model in maintenance and inspections.
- Move from paper-based approval process to model-based process
- Build digital bridge registries with information models (IFC format)
- Use the bridge model information for collaboration on Trimble Connect
- Keep a record of revisions and project progress with Trimble Connect
- Examine the as-built model data with health monitoring data, e.g. sensor data
- Use the digital as-built model information in inspections
- Link the as-built model with inspection notes, photographs, pile driving records, etc.
- Develop digital asset management processes utilizing the model data
Look closer to the geometry design and modeling