Fast, accurate and consistent estimates: powerful tools enable model-based estimating workflow
Tekla PowerFab provides estimators with powerful estimating tools designed specifically for steel fabrication workflows. This software suite offers a complete set of tools for efficient model-based estimating. Create estimates with complete confidence that all costs have been included and your bid is accurate and competitive.
The model-based estimating process drives greater accuracy giving you the confidence that your bid will lead to profitable work. Never price the unknown: maintain an up-to-date database of supplier pricing and delivery details for informed, accurate estimates. Comparing scenarios is also simple with model-based estimating.
Speedy, Accurate Takeoffs
- Meet tight deadlines and bid with confidence
- Material and labor details accurately reflect your shop-specific process: no need to guess the connection materials and labor
- Facilitate fast and accurate steel fabrication with as little scrap as possible
- Optimized user interface speeds up the manual entry process
- Benefit from import options from engineering models, detailing models, or on-screen takeoff software (e.g., Bluebeam).
- Combine your material take-off against purchasable lengths to get vendor pricing.
- Use actual pricing from vendors based on how you buy
- Access to anticipated scrap value for the project
Better consistency between estimators
- Promote transparency between estimators
- Standardize the estimating process such as labor calculations
- Improve future decision making by referring back to historic data
Easily generate bid proposals
- Standardize/customize parts of the documents
- Customizable standard text for your scope.
Create miscellaneous assemblies using Parametrics
- Save time by adding assemblies such as stairs or railings by answering a few simple questions, rather than taking off the assemblies component by component.
Synergies from better communication
- Easier collaboration through consistent use of the same model and format from estimation to construction.
As your process becomes more efficient, you can concentrate on strategic estimating.