BlueScope Buildings North America
Engineering Technician – Tekla
Location – Kansas City, MO
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Engineering department provides safe, creative, quality and “in place cost efficient” structural and construction engineering solutions for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing, project management and field erection) as well as external customers with superior customer service.
The BlueScope Conventional Steel Services team is seeking an Engineering Technician with experience in Tekla and/or SDS/2.
The Engineering Technician - Tekla performs Detailing activities on assigned projects and adheres to schedule and accuracy requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Detail building parts and create fab drawings from engineering design and project note
- Create erection drawings, approval drawings, permit drawings, and anchor rod drawings
- Develops own basic product and procedure knowledge and improves technical knowledge
- Uploads parts and edit parts into the manufacturing system and releases to manufacturing
- Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create solutions to move forward in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Assures customer service needs are met by meeting schedules
- Focuses on achieving department objective and profitability goals and continuous improvement as part of a high-performance work team
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associate or 2-year technical degree or 2 additional years of relevant experience or completion of BlueScope Buildings Drafting Program in lieu of degree
- Proficient in Mathematics and Trigonometry
- Experience with detailing in Tekla or other 3D detailing packages such as Advance Steel, SDS/3, etc.
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) or conventional steel experience
- CAD training
- Tekla training
Technical Skills & Competencies
- PC competence (Including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Action oriented
- Functional and technical skills
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Technical learning
- Ethics and values
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Peer relationships
If interested, please apply at the following link: https://smrtr.io/62bCX
Senior VDC Specialist – Tekla Structures
Location - Denver, CO
The Senior Virtual Design Construction Specialist will provide routine Business Information Modeling (BIM) administration and coordination to assigned projects. Primary focus will be on Tekla Structures and Self-Perform modeling workflows. This position will be responsible for supporting the development of Tekla company standards, training, and technical support to ensure a consistent and repeatable process is established. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Provides Tekla models (concrete, steel, rebar, tilt-up and formwork) and documents necessary steps to complete scope as determined with VDC/BIM leadership and project teams.
- Assembles 3D content modeled by others and models any content not provided.
- Learns and maintains a productive and efficient BIM process.
- Supports operation with self-perform model management and layout.
- Maintains working relationships with subcontractors and project teams.
- Assumes responsibility for learning the VDC processes and standards; applies them to assigned projects.
- Reads and comprehends construction documents and applies them to VDC processes.
- Provides models and documents necessary to complete scope determined by VDC leadership and project teams/internal clients. Those tasks are:
- Base model (structural, architectural).
- Tekla Concrete Model.
- Steel Model.
- Rebar Model.
- Tilt-Up Model.
- Formwork Model.
- Incorporates design updates into project models.
- Develops composite model by assembling 3D content provided by designers and trade contractors; creates models for any content not provided.
- Analyzes models, looking for errors and omissions, and makes corrections as necessary.
- Maintains working relationships with subcontractors and project teams.
- Develops custom reports to support Self-Perform estimating workflows.
- Provides BIM technical support to design team/project team to facilitate the use of BIM in Self-Perform.
- Independently conducts and maintains a productive and efficient VDC process.
- Supports the development of Tekla Company standards (templates, standard drawing sheets, graphical standards, dimensional standards, etc.)
- Supports the customization of Tekla parts, components, reports and attributes to support JE Dunn's vision.
- Provides training to project teams and VDC experts on the utilization of Tekla Structures.
- Provides training to project teams on utilization of BIM tools.
- Gains exposure to the field layout processes.
- Gains exposure to self-perform VDC processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources.
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to lead project teams through the VDC processes.
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of BIM technologies and apply to overall VDC processes and application in the AEC industry.
- Apply JE Dunn VDC/BIM processes and standards.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Knowledge of BIM technology solutions including:
- Tekla Structures (Expert).
- Trimble Connect (Expert).
- Trimble Field Link (Intermediate).
- Trimble Field Link Office (Intermediate).
- Trimble Field Point (Intermediate).
- Autodesk Revit (Architecture, Structure) (Intermediate).
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage (Basic).
- Adobe and/or Bluebeam (Intermediate).
- Laser scanning data collection process.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a construction-related field of study (Required).
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered.
- 2+ years construction or related experience (Required).
- 2+ years BIM experience (Required).
- 2+ years Tekla related experience (Required).
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location - Blaine, MN
- Knowledge of steel detailing requirements and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of building codes, AISC codes, OSHA requirements and IBC standards
- Understanding of standard shop and erection practices
- Understanding of AWS welding procedures
- Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings as well as specifications
- Provide fabrication and erection drawings as well as incorporating approval changes
- Write and interpret RFI's
- Good organizational skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Must be self-motivated as well as willingness and ability to work in a team
- 5+ years of steel detailing experience
- Tekla experience is preferred but not required
Please email your resume to email@example.com