Posted: November 20, 2019
Area: Barrington, IL
At Pepper Construction, a Rebar Detailer will be responsible for the production of rebar shop drawings and bar lists from design drawings utilizing Tekla Structures. This person will also support the production, coordination, and managing of other structural Building Information Models (BIM) and deliverables through the life-cycle of a construction project. Management of digital files from owners, design teams, contractors, and consultants will be required. There will be continuous contact and outreach with Project Teams, Project Support (i.e. Quality, Safety, Preconstruction) and Business Development / Marketing personnel. There is an expectation to develop, cultivate, and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally.
- 3D modeling of concrete reinforcement from design documents
- Production of rebar shop drawings and barlists
- Share in the production and coordination of other 3D object-oriented models
- QA/QC internally and externally developed models
- Perform a variety of Pepper’s Technical Services (e.g. drawing review, coordination, visual scheduling,model-based estimating, virtual mock-ups
- Implement BIM processes and standards in collaboration with project teams
- Support Business Development, Preconstruction, and Operations teams in pursuit of new projects through model visualization and phasing techniques
- Assist in the development/maintenance of the company’s BIM-related goals, initiatives, and standards
- Educate Operations groups on BIM processes, support project-specific BIM efforts, and train personnel to navigate and operate BIM software
- Seek ways to infuse safety and quality methodology into overall BIM efforts
- Develop new ways to utilize model-based information in various phases of projects
- Two to five years' experience detailing concrete reinforcement
- Ability to interpret design documentation and local building codes
- Experience with Tekla Structures & Tekla BIMsight preferred
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree in drafting or detailing preferred
- Detail-oriented individual •Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated individual •Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send your resume to Courtney Neisius at email@example.com.
Pepper Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Myers and Co Architectual Metals
Posted: November 21, 2019
Area: Basalt, CO
Myers and Company Architectural Metals (www.myersandco.com) is an AISC certified, medium-sized structural steel fabrication company located 18 miles northwest of the beautiful ski destination: Aspen, Colorado. We offer structural steel detailing, fabrication, erection and installation services as well as creative artisan metalwork. With our state-of-the-art facilities right next to Aspen we service Colorado’s Western Slope, and neighboring states. We are looking to add hard-working and energetic employees to our detailing department. If this opportunity appeals to you, there may be a place for you at Myers and company.
- Modeling using TEKLA STRUCTURES
- Coordinating with the project manager in determining the timeline and schedule
- Creating RFI’s for missing information, conflicts, and errors in design
- Creating Erection drawings for safe and secure installation of steel
- Creating Fabrication/shop drawings for shop use
- Generating CNC for Python robotic shop equipment
- Previous experience producing drawings for design, fabrication and construction
- Ability to read and understand prints and drawings from various trades (like structural, architectural, landscape, interior etc.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire (company might offer H-1B or any other work authorization visa sponsorship in the future).
- Drafting experience with TEKLA structures: we will train the right candidate
- Working knowledge of steel construction techniques and related coordinating details and dimensions
- Competitive Salary Structure commensurate with experience
- 401-K, HAS, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Full-Time Employee received accrued vacation and paid holidays
To apply, please send your resume to Ketut Siladarmawan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: November 21, 2019
Self-Perform Concrete Detailer
Power's Concrete Detailer will provide detailed, 3-dimensional, computer models of the concrete work on self-performed concrete projects, ensuring that plans and specifications are followed.
- Detailed and accurate modeling of a project using Tekla Software to be utilized for coordination and field layout
- Basic understanding of concrete construction and sequencing
- General field quality control
- Manage RFI's related to construction
- Shop drawing review and coordination of drawings with all applicable trades related to concrete
- Material procurement, i.e., rebar, post-tensioning, embeds, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction or related field OR relevant field experience (such as Technical Engineer, layout carpenter)
- 3-5 years' experience preferred •Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to details
- Experience with Tekla software (preferred) or other 3D modeling software with a willingness to learn Tekla
- Read and understand contract documents, shop drawings, embed drawings, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to Haley Kraus at email@example.com.