Posted: February 14, 2019
Area: Antioch, CA
KIECON, Inc. is currently seeking a Professional Precast Drafter. We are looking for people committed to the construction and design industries. The drafting position is part of the job site engineering team and will report to the Project Engineer. The drafter typically assumes responsibility for the administrative and technical aspects of preparing and submitting precast shop drawings.
Duties include but are not limited to: Understanding contract plans, Specifications and preparing shop drawings and detailing precast components using Tekla Structures or Auto Cad for various type of structures such as building, bridge, floating structures, piers, wharf, etc.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in preparing show drawings.
- Ability to use Auto Cad is required.
- Ability to use Tekla Structures is preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Strong organization/time management skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which assigned.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel.
To apply, please send your resume to Farshad Mazloom at email@example.com.
KIECON, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Posted: February 4, 2019
Area: Houston, TX
- Utilize Smart 3D and Tekla Structures in the modeling of structural steel, concrete and steel plate structures for Bechtel's Oil, Gas and Chemicals Tanks Business Line.
- Product 3D models, engineering drawings, material take-offs, checklists, deliverables lists, etc. for the execution of storage tank, sphere and Low Temperature and Cryogenic projects.
- Work closely with a design engineer to help finalize details and designs.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure alignment in the group to help develop 3D modeling skills.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of TBL design standards and practices using 3D modeling tools.
- Review and interpret project specifications and incorporate in deliverables.
- Work as part of a team and communicate work status to the team on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience modeling in Smart 3D and Tekla Structures.
- SolidWorks experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work with 2D MicroStation.
- Previous experience producing drawings for design, fabrication and construction.
- Demonstrate familiarity with OSHA requirements for platforms, stairways, and walkways.
- Should be familiar with AISC, ACI, ASCE, AWS codes and standards.
- Knowledge of API standards is a plus.
- Familiar with Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office tools.
NHWL Engineering, Inc.
Posted: January 28, 2019
Area: Tallahassee, FL
- 3D Modeling of steel and concrete structures for industrial facilities using Tekla Structures 2016i or above.
- Ability to design and model structures based on preliminary concepts and information.
- Prepare detailed structural drawings according to specifications provided by the Engineer using Tekla and AutoCAD.
- Comprehensive understanding of structural and miscellaneous steel detailing. Familiarity with AISC and structural industrials standards is required.
- Ability to coordinate with mechanical designers to provide structural design to support equipment and piping.
- Understanding of Tekla phases, object level settings, profile mapping, layer mapping, line type mapping while following company standards.
- Ability to process PDMS/Tekla interoperability and work with PDMS to maintain hierarchy and update structural elements.
- Some travel and fieldwork should be expected. This may include climbing stairs and ladders and working in various industrial environments.
- 5 years Structural design and drafting experience
- Minimum 2 year Tekla and PDMS design experience
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
- Understanding of shop and erection standards
- Must live in the Tallahassee area and have a Valid Driver's License
Posted: November 20, 2018
Area: Denver, CO
3D Modeling in Tekla Structures, Create Structural and Architectural Components for Commercial and Industrial Applications. Ability to provide detailed scale plans for structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations and specification sheets. Prepare detailed “For Approval” and “For Fabrication” drawings and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by the Architect and Engineer. Comprehensive understanding of Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Detailing, AISC, Building and Industry Standards
Requirements: 5 years Tekla Structures and drafting experience *required Associates Degree or equivalent experience *required Ability to read and comprehend blueprints Understanding of Shop and Erection Standards Must live in the Area and have a Valid Driver’s License | Reliable Transportation
Benefits: Competitive Pay DoE Continuing Education Collaborative working environment MADCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E)
To apply, please send your resume to Jon Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.