MiTek USA Inc.
Posted: July 30, 2020
Area: Greenwood Village, CO *Potential for remote work*
Tekla BIM Technician
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful. The Tekla BIM Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance to customers in support of MiTek structural engineering software products. Assistance shall include installation, system configuration, network interaction, feature usage, enhancement needs and system behavior.
- Takes customer technical support telephone calls\emails and provides solutions and answers to those inquiries Researches unsolved open software issues and provides solutions
- When needed works directly with Product Management and Software Development to ensure proper correction of defects and implementation of enhancements into the software
- When needed works directly with Technical Documentation Group to ensure features are clear and completely documented
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities with use of CRM and Zendesk Assist with development of training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of MiTek software Required Skills
- Solid engineering/technical skills Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and various networking environments
- Knowledge of Terminal Server/Citrix environments, SQL and FoxPro databases along with query and report writing skills
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to foster a positive experience and address customer needs
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Ability to identify problems, take ownership of them and develop solutions using the tools at hand
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
- Two to four years related experience in technical support and/or structural engineering
- 2 years of Tekla software experience
- Familiarity with other structural software systems such as Tekla, RAM, ETABS, SDS/2 is a plus
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To hear more about this position, please contact Liz Wagner, MiTek USA Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: June 16, 2020
Area: Work Remotely - USA BASED ONLY!
We are looking for an experienced detailer to work remotely with our team on both structural and misc (stair/rails/renovation) projects.
- Able to manage own project
- Track RFI's and drawing revisions
- Work in a timely fashion
- Occasional checking of others work
- Minimum 5 years Tekla experience
- Strong communication skills (able to talk with GC/customer and design team)
- Able to interpret both Architectural and Structural drawings
- Structural and Misc. experience required
- Tekla license supplied
- Work remotely salary based
- Able to schedule a minimum of 8 hrs M-F starting at 8
- Saturday's as needed
To hear more about this position, please contact Aaron Jernigan, Structural Concepts at email@example.com.