Send your project
How to enter
First, decide which category you would like to enter. You can enter one project per category. This year we have five categories to choose from: Steel, Engineering, Cast-In-Place, Precast, Small, and Student.
Second, complete an entry form for each submission. Click on the "Send your project" button displayed on this page. The entry tool requires a program to be installed. Once installed, the program can be run from the program folder Trimble Solutions Corporation > Tekla Awards Installer2016. Each submission should include the following:
- A description of the project in at least 500 words - this is your opportunity to use words to 'sell' your work. Consider including:
- information about the project and other companies you collaborated with.
- the benefits of using Tekla software such as reduced costs, time saving, interoperability, planning and scheduling.
- other software used (sketch-up, VICO, laser scanning, etc) and interoperability.
- Tekla Structures model (.db1) and the environment in which it was created.
- If you have done any system modifications please submit also:
- profile database (profdb.bin)
- material database (matdb.bin)
- bolt database (screwdb.db)
- bolt assembly database (assdb.db)
- rebar database (rebar_database.inp)
- parametric profiles (profitab.inp)
- Full Trimble Connect/Tekla BIMsight model (.tbp) including bolts, reinforcement and reference files (if relevant).
- Snapshots of the model (min. 3 image files) featuring the whole model and relevant details.
- We also recommend you to highlight the best parts of your project by saving them as snapshots in the Tekla BIMsight project.
- Sample drawings of the project (2-3 pdf files).
- Photographs (min. 1 image file) or artist’s impression of the project.
- Your company logo, if your project is a joint entry please provide company logo(s) of those particpating.
- If you used BIM processes and this is relevant to your entry, then please provide the reference files.
- Virtual Tour - click here to access the virtual tour extension should you wish to create navigations in your model.
- Set the default settings to a 3 second delay, 3 second transition and create no more than 15 snapshots
- Save the Virtual Tour file as a .vtr file extension and upload it into the entry form
If you have a specific vision of how you would like your project to appear and/or have customized settings that you want included in your project’s video, we recommend that you utilize a screen capturing software (ie. Camatasia, etc.) to record the virtual tour file of your project. If you are sending just your virtual tour file (.vtr), please be sure to include any custom object representation attribute files from your project.
Please include all the requested information as it strengthens your entry and allows projects to be judged using the same level of detail. The more information you provide, the better your chances of winning!
Your local contact for award entries is Jodi Hendrixson, Tekla.email@example.com
Send your project