J & D Pierce (Contracts) Ltd.
Posted: 15th January 2020
STRUCTURAL DRAUGHTSMAN REQUIRED
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Structural draughtsman on a full-time position (Conversant to Tekla) based at our Head Office in Glengarnock.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of an ever-growing office.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years working experience in this role and have a strong knowledge of the structural steel industry; from portal frames/multi-story structures to stadia.
The successful applicant will be responsible; but not limited to:
- Reading and working from engineers and client drawings
- Generate 3D models using Tekla Structures and provide GA’s within programme dates
- Issuing GA’s and full fabrication drawings within programme dates with minimal supervision
- Corresponding directly with clients, suppliers, design manager, site & workshop as required.
All candidates should apply with a full CV and current salary details and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
J & D Pierce (Contracts) Ltd
Posted: 8th January 2020
Area: Clondalkin, Dublin
TEKLA STRUCTURES STEEL DETAILER REQUIRED
Due to an increased workload ESS Modular are looking for a number of steel detailers to join our expanding team in Dublin, Ireland. ESS Modular are a leading provider of modular buildings in Ireland and the UK.
Reporting to our Lead Steel Detailer, you will be working with our in house Design Team which is composed of Steel Detailers, Structural Engineers, Architects, Architectural Technologists and M&E Engineers. Our head office is located adjacent to our fabrication facility so there is plenty of opportunity to review work which has been modelled.
Applicant to be competent in:
- Assist in the design & delivery of steel framed modular buildings Steel Fabrication / Design and detail of steelwork for fabricator suppliers
- Steel schedules
- Liaise with engineers, architects and management
- Site meetings
- Quality check on steel after arriving in our factory. Welds, paint, tolerances etc.
- Day to day liaison with the technical departments for construction details
- Coordination of construction drawings
- Preparation of structural layout drawings
- Producing detailed drawings for steel fabricators and steel erectors
- Experienced Tekla draughtsperson with a previous track record, minimum 2 years
- Hands on/fabrication experience within the steelwork industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of 3D model builds, BIM, connections and fabrication drawings
- Fluent English
- Permanent full time position
- Office based / site visits and client office visits
- Opportunity to progress
- Excellent salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, dental insurance and pension contribution after probation period
If you think this is the role for you, please apply by sending your CV to Paul Sherlock on email@example.com