Posted: 21st July 2021
Area: Wythenshawe, Manchester
GRADUATE DIGITAL ENGINEER REQUIRED
We have a great opportunity for a Graduate Digital Engineer!
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading-edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue-chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading-edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Applicant to be competent in:
- Tekla Structures
- Tekla Structural Designer
What will I be doing?
We have an opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to help shape our future. The Digital Engineering capability is a key part of our corporate and design strategies. As a Graduate Digital Engineer, you will support the growing transformation of the business by cultivating a culture of improving productivity through technology centred improvements to our services and teams.
With a focus on creating interfaces between projects and the in-house engineering team, growing existing contracts, and unlocking opportunities with existing and new clients. The role will involve developing and implementing digital engineering capabilities, both internally to Costain and for meeting our client’s need.
The role will:
- Embody a 'Digital by Default' culture-making all Costain people and partners aware of the productivity we can gain through the use of digital processes and technologies.
- Ensure that we accelerate the adoption of digital process and technologies and evolving delivery models (Project13 for reference).
- Deliver improved data quality along with associated efficiencies and outcomes to the business.
- Champion opportunity presented by digital engineering.
- Encourage our teams to automate their workflows, and at the same time create new data related digital solutions.
- Lead the development of products that are designed to bring a digital culture to the centre of everything that we do.
- Work with the innovators within the business, supporting them to find a path to achieve their goals and create value from their ideas.
You will need to:
- Support and deliver digital engineering and innovation projects including scope, funding, quality, cost and schedule.
- Establish and develop an agile approach to innovation projects supporting the delivery of consultancy and complex delivery capabilities.
- Be aware of project budgets, deliverables and relationships in the digital engineering and innovation activities.
- Engage with Costain’s clients, supply chain and innovative partners.
You will be expected to engage with a range of projects including those in transportation (highways, rail & airports) and natural resources (energy, water & defence).
- Min bachelor's degree in one of the following; Computer Science, Engineering and/or Computational Design.
- Hands-on experience in design tools.
- An understanding of Tekla, AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit and Rhino/Grasshopper is particularly desirable.
- General knowledge of integrated design practice, clash detection, quantity take-off and drawing production.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Excel under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
As a key member of Costain’s digital consultancy team, you will enjoy extensive professional development opportunities and be part of this rapidly expanding team of dynamic professionals. This is a great opportunity to enhance your career by being at the forefront of our strategy with our clients who are shaping the future direction of our business and projects and programmes of the future. The built environment sector is rapidly changing and our ability to add value at an earlier stage in a project’s lifecycle has never been greater.
If you think this is the role for you, please submit your CV by email to David Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1500 Aviator Way