James Killelea and Co
Posted: 13th August 2021
TEKLA STRUCTURES DRAUGHTSMAN REQUIRED
James Killelea & Co Ltd was established in 1970 by James Killelea and his son Robert. Robert Killelea, the current Managing Director, is elder brother to Patrick Killelea who joined the family business some years later and is now the company’s Financial Director.
Applicant to be competent in:
To provide drawing office services for all our client’s projects for estimating, design, fabrication and erection. This will include generation of 3D Tekla Structures models. The importing of model data from other software packages and client BIM models. A good understanding of BIM, is also necessary. From the models, production of GA drawings, insertion of connection details to the Tekla Structures model, generation of fabrication drawings and NC data to suit the works.
In addition the work will include generating of TQs and GA drawings / detail model for approval submittal. The work will also include any drawing requirements for temporary works and site changes. The recognition of changes to scope and creation of variation orders must be considered. Operate to the DO programmes for all work and ensure that the deliverable deadlines are achieved. Work closely with the Production team so as to ensure that the drawings produced are compatible with the NC machinery and adhere to our high standards of editing. Build and maintain good relations with all clients and suppliers and their project team personnel to promote the company values. In all interactions with customers, our culture of quality, professionalism, fairness, ‘can-do’ attitude should be held foremost in our clients minds.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management and colleagues.
- Work in a team or as an individual to develop Project Models in accordance with client information.
- Work in a team or as an individual to develop Tender Models in accordance with client information and Killelea Estimate Department.
- Attend all necessary meetings.
- Attend sites when needed, including carrying out of site surveys.
- Prepare all necessary drawings, models, and electronic data required, showing a technical understanding of these, documentation skills, and an understanding of design requirements.
- Full utilisation of Killelea software, including Tekla, Fabtrol and Autodesk.
- Maintain accurate records of progress, including maintaining and updating filing systems.
- Determine project requirements by identifying project phases, elements and liaising with other Departments within Killelea.
- Determine project requirements by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Maintain project schedule and programme by monitoring own progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Coordinating with Sub Contract elements to ensure they fully integrate with the steelwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Maintains product and company reputation by presenting oneself in a courteous and professional manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- At tender stage work with the estimating team to generate 3D Tekla Structures models for both calculating quantities and client presentations.
- Production of material take-off lists and use this to confirm tonnage on the project.
- Compare the company model with the client’s and provide any difference feedback.
- On projects in-hand production of complete 3D Tekla Structures models, connections detailing, GA drawings for client approval and any TQ’s, Fabrication drawings and NC files.
- Work in accordance with the drawing office programmes to target key deliverable dates.
- Work closely with the design team.
- Liaise with Estimating and Contract departments on any drawing requirements.
- Be prepared to meet with the client’s team to discuss any project drawing and model related issues.
- Comply with company procedure for drawing numbering and filing systems.
- Liaise with external Drawing Offices on projects, respond and answer any queries in a timely manner.
- Prepare, submit and record TQ’s and RFI’s to the Design Engineer for any design related queries.
- Prepare and circulate notes of any drawing related meetings with clients and/or external DO’s or consultants.
- Provide support to Estimating and Contracts Teams in general.
- Provide DO support to Project Manager and Site Teams.
- Detailed and expert knowledge of the current and latest versions of Tekla Structures.
- Working knowledge of BIM and ability to extract and import models and files into Tekla Structures.
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings.
- Good working experience with office software such as Microsoft Office.
- Good time management skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Personable and able to work within a team environment, whilst displaying independence and initiative.
If you feel you have the relevant experience please send your CV to email@example.com.
James Killelea and Co
Lancs, BB4 8BAt
Tel: 01706 229411
Posted: 21st July 2021
Area: Wythenshawe, Manchester
GRADUATE DIGITAL ENGINEER REQUIRED
We have a great opportunity for a Graduate Digital Engineer!
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading-edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue-chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading-edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Applicant to be competent in:
- Tekla Structures
- Tekla Structural Designer
What will I be doing?
We have an opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to help shape our future. The Digital Engineering capability is a key part of our corporate and design strategies. As a Graduate Digital Engineer, you will support the growing transformation of the business by cultivating a culture of improving productivity through technology centred improvements to our services and teams.
With a focus on creating interfaces between projects and the in-house engineering team, growing existing contracts, and unlocking opportunities with existing and new clients. The role will involve developing and implementing digital engineering capabilities, both internally to Costain and for meeting our client’s need.
The role will:
- Embody a 'Digital by Default' culture-making all Costain people and partners aware of the productivity we can gain through the use of digital processes and technologies.
- Ensure that we accelerate the adoption of digital process and technologies and evolving delivery models (Project13 for reference).
- Deliver improved data quality along with associated efficiencies and outcomes to the business.
- Champion opportunity presented by digital engineering.
- Encourage our teams to automate their workflows, and at the same time create new data related digital solutions.
- Lead the development of products that are designed to bring a digital culture to the centre of everything that we do.
- Work with the innovators within the business, supporting them to find a path to achieve their goals and create value from their ideas.
You will need to:
- Support and deliver digital engineering and innovation projects including scope, funding, quality, cost and schedule.
- Establish and develop an agile approach to innovation projects supporting the delivery of consultancy and complex delivery capabilities.
- Be aware of project budgets, deliverables and relationships in the digital engineering and innovation activities.
- Engage with Costain’s clients, supply chain and innovative partners.
You will be expected to engage with a range of projects including those in transportation (highways, rail & airports) and natural resources (energy, water & defence).
- Min bachelor's degree in one of the following; Computer Science, Engineering and/or Computational Design.
- Hands-on experience in design tools.
- An understanding of Tekla, AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit and Rhino/Grasshopper is particularly desirable.
- General knowledge of integrated design practice, clash detection, quantity take-off and drawing production.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Excel under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
As a key member of Costain’s digital consultancy team, you will enjoy extensive professional development opportunities and be part of this rapidly expanding team of dynamic professionals. This is a great opportunity to enhance your career by being at the forefront of our strategy with our clients who are shaping the future direction of our business and projects and programmes of the future. The built environment sector is rapidly changing and our ability to add value at an earlier stage in a project’s lifecycle has never been greater.
If you think this is the role for you, please submit your CV by email to David Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1500 Aviator Way