Makati Development Corporation is the construction arm and subsidiary of leading Philippine real estate company, Ayala Land, Inc., we deliver projects that enhance land and enrich the lives of the Filipino people. Since 1974, we have constructed mixed-use, commercial and residential developments, business districts, hotels and resorts as well as various infrastructure that help catalyze the growth of our nation. Our impressive portfolio of projects is built on our relentless passion for customer service excellence. By adhering to our Core Execution Principles of Safety, Quality, Timely Delivery, Cost Efficiency and Sustainability, we deliver projects that reflect our aspiration of being a world-class Builder of Choice.
Cutting list was started on April 2015 using AutoCAD. But the Project was started on early June 2016 and expected to be finished on December 2018. Cutting list has been carried upon by Tekla on early June 2017 and fully finished as of late August 2017.
MDC shouldered the cutting list. This project was special since it was been the second project in queue to make totally measure the efficiency of utilizing Tekla Structures in providing better drawings and reports specially the rebar weights and concrete volumes, rebar cranking profiles and estimate formworks at an early time as of required.
- The project manager gave the Tekla Structural Designer-TEKLA Department a target of two weeks only to finish the whole model and all cutting list. Due to the limited time, accuracy in detailing is at risk. The irregular shape of the structure with its curved beams has added to the difficulty given the time allotted to finish.
- Inconsistency in schedule and delayed responses in the implementing body.
- Sudden interruption of internet connection causing software crash.
Although we encountered challenges in our journey with this project, there are factors that help us to go through it.
- Teamwork and versatility of our team members give us the push to work on the project despite the challenges.
- Easy adjustment and familiarization of varying design schedules for every structural conflicts and clashes.
Working in this project using the best tool such as Tekla gave us the following benefits:
- At the start of the project, we were able to insert model from different discipline like Structural (from Revit) using IFC into Tekla Structures (TS), in which you can see the incorporated haunch beams and pipe sleeves to name a few.
- We were able to see the exact location of the members, which greatly speed up the modeling in Tekla Structures.
- Tekla Structures enables us to generate cutting list drawings with accurate information. In terms of handling revision changes, we could easily pinpoint and modify the affected members with great ease.
- Cutting list production have been doubled up and produces more accurate, clear rebar cranking profile.
- Elevations and clashes were automatically reflected on the models which helps lessen revisions and changes.