This year, the Tekla Global BIM Awards Competition, Student Category received an influx of entries from all over the world. The winners of the local competitions were announced in the Spring in the following regions:
- Local competition in the regions of our channel partner Construsoft, which covers many European countries. The winner of Construsoft local competition in Student Category goes to the project Koliber Hummingbird Skyscraper from Poland. Congratulations to Aleksandra Bugała, Magdalena Szkatulska, Joanna Woźniak, Adam Rakowski, Norbert Wiktorowicz in Politechnika Łódzka, Poland!
- Trimble Solutions France selected the winner for its local competition and it goes to the project LE RYTHME DANS LA PEAU. Congratulations to the team in Ecole des Mines d'Alès!
- There was also fierce competition in the South East Asia local competition, organized by our area office there. The local winner goes to project DANJIANG BRIDGE - TAIWAN. Congratulations to the team from Tamkang University!
- Local competition in Brazil yielded the winner as project Research on rebar detailing and fabrication.
- Russian local competition winner goes to the project Primary School from Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering.
The global winner is chosen among the local competition winners who entered the global competition in Student Category automatically and those who submitted directly to us from regions where no local competition was organized. It was not an easy job for the jury to decide the most inspiring student project as the global winner since there was a very high quality of the entries! But here we go, the winner of Tekla Global BIM Awards Student Category for 2017-2018 goes to project BlackSea-TORM from Turkey! Congratulations to the team from Karadeniz Technical University,
- Fatih Yesevi OKUR,
- Ebru KALKAN,
- Ergün ERDOĞAN,
- Rufai DEMİR
Thank you all for your great interest in this global event and for your hard work in the BIM world! We wish to see more of you participating in the next BIM Awards competition!
The skills you learn today will lead you to remarkable iconic building with your contributions involved in the future!