Better Process and Plant Construction
Achieve cost efficiency, improve safety and keep the schedule in your construction projects: With Tekla software you can coordinate with both plant design software and fabrication machinery, while accurate quality information in 3D models brings benefits throughout the lifecycle of an industrial facility.
Tekla lets you manage risk and plan for successful process. Integrating production equipment and piping into structural design means that the structures fit as they should. You can find and solve problems and explore alternatives virtually before construction begins and avoid expensive delays. Fast and accurate material quantity takeoff leverages better cost estimation and optimized procurement. Later, model information eases any possible modifications in the facility as you know the structures thoroughly.
With Tekla you can
- Create information-rich models of all structures and materials and use them for making informed decisions throughout the project.
- Coordinate with analysis and plant design software and fabrication machinery.
- Boost project understanding and quality with 3D visualizations.
- Identify possible plant operations and safety issues early in the process.
- Achieve better construction methodology: Calculate centers of gravity of modules accurately also utilizing information from other solutions for improved construction efficiency.
- Achieve good quality and bring in more profitable, safe projects
- Coordinate structural engineering with plant design and fabrication systems
- Handle design changes painlessly through front-end engineering design (FEED)
- Integrate modeling with cost estimation and scheduling
- After delivery, as-built model information benefits the maintenance of the plant Reduce risks and stay on schedule
- Manage all structural information from design to construction to operation
With Tekla, you can enjoy smooth real-time collaboration and information sharing between the project parties as the software integrates or interfaces with standard industry process planning and analysis and design applications. Tekla software integrates to modern fabrication machinery.
Flexible industrial collaboration
In industrial projects, you benefit from better layout coordination and structural information as Tekla Structures interfaces with the major process equipment and plant layout planning solutions including PDS, PDMS and Smartplant3Dand Cadmatic as well as Autocad and Microstation. You can import changes from planning solution to Tekla, accommodate the changes into your structures and export your structural data.
- Download the PDMS Extension to read/write information with a Tekla Structures 3D cad model
- Download the sample PDMS model created by Tekla Structures
Analysis & Design
Tekla software links with all major A&D packages directly or by supporting standards including SDNF, CIS/2 and IFC structural and in-house A&D calculation spreadsheets.
Creating the physical and analytical structural models in a single application saves time. The analysis programs return the design information and dynamically update the Tekla model and all relevant documentation.
Benefits of open BIM
- Enjoy smooth information flow from design office to construction.
- Integrate modeling and analysis & design solutions and fabrication.
- Share constructable project information with disciplines in the project.
- Tekla Open API™ application programming interface allows your own applications to integrate and communicate within the modeling environment.
We constantly test and develop Tekla Structures. The industry uses it to create, combine and distribute highly detailed, accurate and information-rich structural models. The models provide open, readable data for manufacturing and for exporting to other solutions. Although Tekla is ready to use those who wish can customize it.
Tekla software works with all materials, so a model can include steel, precast and cast-in-place concrete, timber and any other material. Knowing the structures of the other project parties ensures that your parts fit together with everything else. Also, the software comes with a library of design details and users can model, store and share custom components like specific connections.
Tekla offers services close to you. Enjoy local support, training, consultation and online services like Tekla User Assistance and save money and time and get operative with the production.
We plan software implementation in partnership with our customers to ensure efficient adoption. Local Tekla and reseller staff has done this before and will find the solutions that suit you.