Tamilnadu Cements Corporation Limited (TANCEM), a wholly owned Government of Tamilnadu undertaking, started business from 1st April 1976, set up cement plant at Ariyalur in the year 1979 for cement production. TANCEM planned to expand its business and built 3000TPD (Tonnes per Day) Clinkerisation plant at Ariyalur, Tamilnadu. Objective of Government to expand production of Cement at this plant is to help lower and middle income groups (LIG, MIG) to purchase cement at subsidized prices.
Details of Cement Mill Building:
Cement mill Building is one of the most vital part of cement plant where Cement is produced by grinding clinker, additives like gypsum and Flyash. Ball mill is used to grind the Clinker. The Cement mill building comprises of three RCC structures - Cement mill feed hopper, Cement Mill building and Flyash silo supporting structures.
Cement Mill Building has a plan dimension of 70m x 28m and an overall height of 41.2m (varies) with a built up area of 3360 Sqm.
Building consists of:
a. 20 Nos. of structural steel sheds with varied plan dimension and heights, supported on RCC floor Beams
b. 24 levels of floor/platforms (Structural steel)
c. 8 Nos. of structural hanging platforms at various levels for a length of 10.8m & BUA of 310m2
d. 4 Nos. of steel staircases, Gantry girder and Monorails for loading and unloading the materials
All the above RCC and Steel elements collectively forms the complex hybrid structure as per process requirements.
Benefits of Tekla BIM Software in the project:
1. Facility to import STAAD model into TEKLA, which reduced considerable time involved in modeling
2. Better visualization and understanding of structure and interference elements in 3D for designers and BIM modelers
3. Making effective structural configuration/ arrangement with different options with due consideration for erection feasibility
4. Produces clash-free and error-free detailing / quality drawings, which eliminates problems and reworks at site
5. Interoperability with REVIT structure, which produces combined RCC and steel model
6. Sharing of model with site engineer with TEKLA BIMsight viewer helps for better understanding of structure and execution
7. Co-ordination with other BIM softwares using TEKLA BIMsight
8. Readily generatable BOQ itemwise
9. Multiple team participation / deployment possible for drawing production
10. Easy tracking of new changes / revisions
11. Able to take section wherever required at any point of time
12. Linking of reference 2D (AutoCAD, PDF) drawings into model
13. Can generate sequence / animation for effective presentation
14. Can link with time schedule and costing