The Tekla Global BIM Awards competition is divided into three categories. Each category is awarded with one prize. Each participating company can enter one model per category:
- BIM projects
- Steel projects
- Concrete and other projects
The participants of the Global BIM Awards are the winners of the local Tekla model competitions held during the year by Tekla area offices and resellers worldwide. By entering a building information model to the Tekla Global BIM Awards competition, the participant gives permission to Tekla to use the model and images of the model for marketing and sales demonstration purposes (including publishing the model using Tekla Web Viewer or Tekla BIMsight application and using project information and images of it in Tekla marketing material). Tekla has the right to reject a model from the competition if any of the required materials is missing.
In addition to the winners chosen by a jury, there is a public vote on the website for the favorite project. All web voters will participate in a drawing of an Apple iPad. Please note that you can only vote for your favorite project once, so only the first vote will count. In addition to the winners chosen by the jury and the public vote, special recognition may be given to other projects.
The winners of the Global BIM Awards competition will be decided by a jury of the leading BIM experts in the world, both from inside and outside Tekla. The members of the Jury are:
- Professor Charles Eastman of Georgia Institute of Technology
- Björn K. Stangeland, CEO of DDS and Product Manager for buildingSMART International
- Viktor Várkonyi, CEO of Graphisoft
- Wayne Morrison, Pre-Construction Manager at The Herrick Corporation (did not participate in choosing the BIM category winner)
- Tekla is represented by Executive Vice President Risto Räty
Prizes for each winner
One winner of each category (BIM, Steel, and Concrete and other projects) will be awarded. The winners are chosen by the Jury. The prizes include:
- Promotion package (diploma, crystal trophy, press release and/or other promotion on the Web)
- Annual Tekla BIM Awards booklet and video presentations made of each winner
- Competition starts November 3, 2011.
- Web voting is open until November 30, 2011.
- Winners will be announced in December, 2011.