Finland and Baltics BIM Awards is open to all Tekla users from Finland and the Baltic countries. Entry is open also for project teams (two or more companies in a project use Tekla Structures). With project team based submission we want to emphasize the importance of BIM collaboration.
See examples on our references- and Finland and Baltics BIM Awards 2013 and Global BIM Awars 2013 -pages. Enter your project before August 22th 2014. Tekla has the right to reject a model from the competition if any of the required materials are missing.
Entrants must provide:
- See How to enter
Tekla has the right to reject a model from the competition if any required material is missing.
By entering a model into the competition, you permit Tekla to use the model and images of the model for marketing and sales demonstration purposes (including e.g. publishing the model to Tekla Web Viewer or Tekla BIMsight application and using project information and images in Tekla marketing material). Ownership of the material remains with the original owners. By entering a project to the competition, you guarantee that using the material does not infringe the rights of any third parties.
The competition is only open for projects that have not previously entered similar Tekla competitions.
Voting is open to the public during 15.-26.9.2014, and can be promoted by the competing company. The competing projects are visible at the Tekla Website. Only one vote per person will be counted.
The winners of the Tekla Finland and Baltics BIM Awards 2014 competition will be decided by a jury of leading BIM experts. In addition to the winning project, the jury may reward other projects with special mentions.
The members of the jury are:
- Tuomo Haara, Rakennusteollisuus RT ry
- Ville Käyhty, Rakennuslehti
- Ville Pietilä, M.A.D. Oy
- Seppo Törmä, Aalto University
- Ville Kyytsönen, Tekla Oy
The jury will select the winner of the competition based on the following criteria:
- modeling accuracy and data content of the structural BIM model (compliance with generally accepted standards)
- combining different materials in the BIM model
- using BIM in design coordination
- BIM collaboration with project parties
- fabrication automation using BIM
- production BIM
- innovative ways to model and utilize BIM
The winners each receive:
- The winner of Tekla Finland and Baltics BIM Awards 2014 will be rewarded with a trophy and a printed brochure of the winning project
- The winner by popular vote will be rewarded with a free training day of any chosen topic (list price 1400€)
- MINI JAMBOX will be drawn between all voters
The winners will be announced on October 2nd at Finnbuild Awards Party.
The best projects will automatically be entered into the Tekla Global BIM Awards competition. The Global BIM Award held at the end of the year has 5 categories:
- Total BIM
One project will be entered to each category from the local competition.
- Competition starts August 22nd, 2014.
- Web voting is open until September 26nd, 2014.
- Winners will be announced in October 2nd.
- Winners will advance to the Global BIM Award held at the end of the year.
Enter the Tekla BIM Awards to gain loads of publicity for your company − especially if you win!