Makati Development Corporation is the construction arm and subsidiary of leading Philippine real estate company Ayala Land, Inc. We deliver projects that enhance the land and enrich the lives of the Philippine people. Since 1974, we have constructed mixed-use, commercial and residential developments, business districts, hotels and resorts as well as various infrastructures that help catalyze the growth of our nation. Our impressive portfolio of projects is built on our relentless passion for customer service excellence. By adhering to our Core Execution Principles of Safety, Quality, Timely Delivery, Cost Efficiency and Sustainability, we deliver projects that reflect our aspiration of being a world-class Builder of Choice.
In 2018, we are proud to showcase the Viento Voyager project on Cerca Alabang, which is a 6.6-hectare mid-rise residential condominium project in Investment Drive, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, carrying the Alveo Land brand. The development promises to deliver an exclusive and distinctive living experience. Its distinct, carefully designed modern architecture and lush landscaping are a refreshing departure from the steel-and-concrete structures that dominate the urban panorama, providing a relaxing ambiance for its residents. Earth tones such as brown and beige are distinct color palettes used to evoke a warm and perfect mood setting, making it the perfect environment to develop long and lasting relationships within families and the entire community. Cerca Alabang is a resort-themed community offering the signature Alveo advantages of low-density living, resort-like amenities and wide open spaces, providing residents with a resort-style daily experience.
1. On-time start and on-time delivery of the project is the primary challenge of the Viento Voyager. MDC had 8 months of work from the design planning up to the production of a full construction drawing.
2. Since Tekla Structural Designer is new software for the data analysis of structures, too many problems are encountered in modeling and analysis.
With the help of the Technical Support department of Tekla, the project eventually overcame its problems on modeling and analysis.
Working on this project using the best tools such as Tekla gave us the following benefits:
1. Modelling of the whole structure in Tekla Structural Designer took only 9 working days from Dec. 19 to 28, 2017. A process that would take months using previous software.
2. With Tekla Structural Designer, MDC was able to check the original design from the consultant and conduct its own value engineering resulting in a more accurate rebar to concrete ratio. The same model in Tekla Structural Designer was used in Tekla Structures, eliminating the repetition of the modelling process at the detailing phase.
3. The great help of Tekla Structural Designer was in the field of quantification and estimates.
Overall, streamlining the BIM process of MDC with Tekla Structural Designer and Tekla Structures at its core, allowed MDC to hit the timeline as committed.