S05A Burntollet Bridge is a part of a new high-standard dual carriageway between Dungiven and Drumahoe (Northern Ireland, United Kingdom).
Within this project, RCK Biuro Inżynierskie carried two steel bridges (S05 and S07) in the scope of the Tekla model and workshop documentation.
Bridge S05 is erected in two phases to minimize the impact on the traffic flow in the region. S05 phase A consists of 2 double girders and S05 phase B consists of 3 double girders, both with a span of 82 meters. Bridge S07 consists of three double girders with a span of 57 meters.
Preparation of the correct Tekla model, montage sequence, and the bridge’s cross beams were welded between the main girders on the building site required precise work and combining a few different geometries (workshop, site, and final geometry) together into one successful effect.
• Tekla model and workshop documentation: RCK Biuro Inżynierskie
• Fabrication, transport and erection: Victor Buyck
• Principal contractor: Sacyr Wills Bross Somague Joint Venture
• Principal designer: Roughan & O’Donovan
• Project Manager: AECOM
• Client: Department of Infrastructure Northern Ireland