Piattaforma Logistica Trieste
Port of Trieste is the first Italian port for tonnage and railway movement
The Port of Trieste is the first Italian port for tonnage and railway movement - over 10,000 trains in 2019.
The first in the Mediterranean for oil traffic; its geographical location guarantees ideal access to European markets for traffic from Turkey and Asia.
The work was included in the list of strategic infrastructures nationally.
What were the challenges and what made the project successful?
- Creating a structure with a high degree of difficulty due to the density of the reinforcement and prestressing cables.
- Ensuring optimal control of the quantities of materials used
- To guarantee, through Trimble Connect, an optimal sharing of the model and the information it contained with the site personnel
- Respect for the content of the project
- Verification of the quantities of materials used
- Real time availability of project information
- Reduction of time for the order of the reinforcement iron
Project in numbers
The infrastructure has a surface of about 12ha, 8 ha consisting of hanging decks on poles and 4 ha coming from the reclamation of the surrounding area, which was in a serious state of neglect; the quay has a length of 450m, a draft of 14m and is connected to the railway network and the motorway network. Under the deck, a 500,000 cubic meter container was built for the delivery of sludge dredging.
Platforms suspended on poles characterized by:
1 – about 800 sea bored piles 2 – about 100 piles drilled on the ground 3 – post-tensioned reinforced concrete deck with a seismic protection system based on friction insulators.
- Total cost of the project – 128.647.994 euros
- Concrete slab – 31.100m3
- Concrete beams bottom – 3.915m3
- Overall slab reinforcement + beams – 5.800 tons
- Strands – 568 tons (481km)