Kuben is a 6-story residential building with 43 apartments, a garage, a service area, parking spaces on the first floor, and a ground floor with storage rooms and technical rooms.
We modeled and detailed the project in Tekla Structures. The model was created with the help of built-in and proprietary components, plugins, and programs using Tekla API.
All static calculations were performed in a FEM-Design program in which the whole geometry and physical properties of elements and materials were directly imported from Tekla using our own interface application.
In Tekla, we modeled, detailed, and drew all reinforced elements: walls, slabs, columns, whole steel construction, and all connections.
Constravia was responsible for the main calculations and engineering of the prefabricated elements, foundations, and steel construction.
We faced several challenges during the project:
- Because Kuben is in the city center and was built in the area of a demolished building, we had to consider existing installations and foundations of neighboring buildings when designing the foundations.
- The balconies placed on the steel structure also required an additional truss structure. Some of them are three stories high and were delivered as integrated elements, which accelerated the assembly.
- To get more space in the business area, we removed a few columns and designed larger beams.
- There were also some special connections between the steel and the precast to transfer all the forces from the steel structure.
- We have made about 750 drawings.