Integrated overbridge design
The overbridge is located on a main street of regional significance.
The parameters of the overbridge design are because of the need for a crossing way over the railway lines along the Riga direction of the Moscow railway network. In the central span, the construction allows for the passage of two existing railway lines in the Riga direction of the Moscow Railway. Most of the project was completed within 5 months.
A comprehensive project including: overbridge, retaining walls, noise screens, indicators of individual design.
Informational modeling of the typical span blocks, typical concrete elements and reinforcement. Estimation for the deformed span structure during modeling.
What were the challenges and what made the project successful?
- Automation of the foundation’s reinforcement and paneled layout for a noise shield
- Imported pavement surface from other software
- Using a point cloud to monitor the actual position of elements
- Automatic drawing creation according to prepared templates
- High accuracy
Documentation for the owner was transmitted via both drawings and in model. Checking the overall 3D model, point clouds, and loading helped to reduce any clashes.
General Design: VTM Dorproekt, LLC
Structural Design: IKPAD, OOO
Owner: GKU MO, Directorate of Road Construction
The project in numbers
- Length – 130 meters
- Span – 690 tons
- The total length of the noise shield – 1319 meters
- Total length of retaining walls – 300 meters
- Project team – 3 people
- Project duration – 2.5 months