Modern multifunctional swimming pool/sports hall combination
In Capelle a / d IJssel, De Vries and Verburg Bouw are building a new sports complex with the name “De Pelikaan”.
- This is a modern new multifunctional swimming pool/sports hall combination
- The sports hall can be divided into 4 sections by folding walls.
- The partition walls come between the double HEB100 beams so that the ceiling is flat.
- The swimming pool has 2 pools, a competition pool and a target pool, both with a movable bottom.
- This is a combination of concrete and steel construction.
- Both the sports hall and the swimming pool will have a grandstand that can accommodate 200 spectators.
- Office functions and restaurants are situated around it.
- Construction started in March 2019 and this new complex will be put into use mid-2020.
Snetselaar Constructieve Ingenieurs has made the drawings and detailed calculations for production and assembly.