The Al Habtoor City Theatre is part of the Al Habtoor city project. The project is set on the banks of the new Dubai canal extension.
The development boasts three world class Hotels, 3 exclusive Residential towers as well as retail and leisure outlets.
The theatre itself in which Cleveland Bridge were nominated by the Client to the main contractor (HLG) for the Design verification, Detail Engineering, supply, fabrication, fire protection and Installation of the Theatre.
The total Steel weight on the structure is 7500 MT
The theatre structure consists of:
- Three Composite Columns to support two five story veriendeel frames spanning 45 mtrs.
- Twelve 48 Meters spanning Roof trusses and each truss weighs between 280 and 360 Te approx.
- Loft and rigging blocks for theatrical rigging equipment
- 6 Podium Floors for the back of house show control rooms
- Secondary steel to support an architectural feature dome inside the theatre that acts as part of the specialist show being held in the Theatre
- A large concaved screen structure for the show projection screen
- A performance floor which is to be fully submerged in the pool area
- Back of house stairs and performance rooms and floors
- Spiral staircases
- Acrobatic Catwalks for the show light and sound equipment
- Water Cascade support for water features within the show