This year we have two categories: General category and small projects.
The small projects category covers projects that are max. net floor area of 2000 m², 10000 m³, include max. 5000 parts or bridge lenght <50 m. Entry is open also for project teams. With project team based submission we want to emphasize the importance of BIM collaboration.
This is your only opportunity to “sell” your project to the judges and the public - so make it count! Keep in mind the judging criteria.
Competition has started and the link to the enrolment form is at the bottom of the page.
1. Collect the project material. The most important part in your project entry is the material package including the Tekla Structures project/model folder. High quality model images, photos and drawings are essential too.
The entry form asks for:
● A company description
● A project description
● The challenges that made the project successful
● The benefits of using BIM and Tekla software
● The project in numbers
2. Deliver your project to Trimble.
Instructions for creating the project - Tekla Model Sharing
This year you can share the project easily and quickly in Tekla Model Sharing to user email@example.com.
Viewer-rights are enough. You can either share the project directly or create new Tekla Model Sharing model without information, drawings and other materials. Create BIM Awards folder below the model folder, where you have all the optional additional materials, drawings and images.
Instructions for creating the project - Trimble Connect
If you are not using Tekla Model Sharing, the project can be transferred to Trimble by creating a Trimble Connect project and the data transfer will happen through a cloud project.
-Create an account using your Trimble ID. If your company doesn't have a commercial Trimble Connect -licence, choose personal in the "Get started" section.
-Create a new project and name it "Tekla BIM Awards 2020 - Company name - Project name"
- When you have created the project with all the necessary files, add firstname.lastname@example.org as the owner of the project.
Add to the project:
Tekla Structures model folder:
- Cleaned model database (.db1), all unnecessary aiding objects removed. (all other databases, see listing below)
- Reference models saved in the model folder (defined with relative path)
- Flight path created in Tekla Structures. Use "Virtual Tour"-extension from Tekla Warehouse to create this. If you wish to record your video by yourself, please contact email@example.com for more instructions and requirements.
- Pack all this in to one .zip folder
- Use Tekla Structures screenshot feature (no Snippy or some application similar to that). Leave out company logo. High resolution pictures of the model (min. 3 in for example jpg-format, that shows the whole model and some relevant details).
- Photographs and artist's impressions of the project (min. 1 image file)
- We recommend to highlight some important parts of the projects and save them as a separate Virtual tour - route
- Please make sure that you provide high resolution pictures (min. 1000 pixels in width/height). You can use any of the picture formats, min. 300 dpi.
- Image created by architect
- Sample drawings of the projects (in PDF format)
Optional additional material to the folder:
- Extra text about the project, images etc. The jury will make their decision according to the material that has been sent to us. It is really useful to invest in good material.
- Images taken with Trimble Connect Visualizer
- Company logo(s) involved in the project
Note, IF you have done any system modifications please submit also:
- Profile database (profdb.BIN)
- Material database (matdb.BIN)
- Bolt database (screwdb.DB)
- Bolt assembly database (assdb.DB)
- Rebar database (rebar_database.INP)
- Parametric profiles (profitab.INP, .clb, .uel)
3. Fill in the form (link to the form below). You can save the form and come back to it at any time.
4. Submit the form
5. If you encounter any problems with the submission process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help.