The Whole Workflow of Engineering, Procurement and Construction
Tekla software for Building Information Modeling supports your work from engineering to construction and procurement. Your constructable, consistent and always up-to-date model benefits the bidding, engineering, procurement, fabrication, coordination, erection and maintenance.
Tekla lets you manage risk and plan for successful process. Integrating structural and production equipment development benefits the entire construction process. You can find and solve problems and explore alternatives before construction begins and avoid expensive delay and rework. Fast and accurate material quantity takeoff leverages to better cost estimation and improving procurement. Later, model information eases the possible modifications in the facility as you know the structures thoroughly.
With Tekla you can
- Create information-rich models of all structures and materials for all EPC projects.
- Integrate structural modeling with analysis, documentation, plant process equipment modeling and scheduling.
- Understand and explain the structure and evaluate the cost reliably early in the process for optimized procurement.
- Plan and manage daily construction work.
- Coordinate with all project disciplines and make informed decision early in the process.
- Integrate structural engineering with plant design and fabrication systems
- Evaluate and understand projects before building using models
- Handle design changes painlessly through the front-end engineering design
- Integrate modeling with cost estimation and scheduling
- Deliver accurate, constructable structural models and construction documentation
- Reduce risks and stay in schedule
With Tekla, you can enjoy smooth real-time collaboration and information sharing between the project parties as the software integrates or interfaces with standard industry process planning and analysis and design applications. Tekla software integrates to modern fabrication machinery.
Flexible industrial collaboration
In industrial projects, you benefit from better layout coordination and structural information as Tekla Structures interfaces with the major process equipment and plant layout planning solutions including PDS, PDMS and Smartplant3Dand Cadmatic as well as Autocad and Microstation. You can import changes from planning solution to Tekla, accommodate the changes into your structures and export your structural data.
- Download the PDMS Extension to read/write information with a Tekla Structures 3D cad model
- Download the sample PDMS model created by Tekla Structures
Analysis & Design
Tekla software links with all major A&D packages directly or by supporting standards including SDNF, CIS/2 and IFC structural and in-house A&D calculation spreadsheets.
Creating the physical and analytical structural models in a single application saves time. The analysis programs return the design information and dynamically update the Tekla model and all relevant documentation.
Benefits of open BIM
- Enjoy smooth information flow from design office to construction.
- Integrate modeling and analysis & design solutions and fabrication.
- Share constructable project information with disciplines in the project.
- Tekla Open API™ application programming interface allows your own applications to integrate and communicate within the modeling environment.
We constantly test and develop Tekla Structures. The industry uses it to create, combine and distribute highly detailed, accurate and information-rich structural models. The models provide open, readable data for manufacturing and for exporting to other solutions. Although Tekla is ready to use those who wish can customize it.
Tekla software works with all materials, so a model can include steel, precast and cast-in-place concrete, timber and any other material. Knowing the structures of the other project parties ensures that your parts fit together with everything else. Also, the software comes with a library of design details and users can model, store and share custom components like specific connections.
Tekla offers services close to you. Enjoy local support, training, consultation and online services like Tekla User Assistance and save money and time and get operative with the production.
We plan software implementation in partnership with our customers to ensure efficient adoption. Local Tekla and reseller staff has done this before and will find the solutions that suit you.