Trimble Announces the Winners for Their 2019 Tekla BIM Awards
Trimble Solutions Middle East, which is a part of Trimble Inc. (NASDAQ; TRMB), has announced the winners of the Tekla BIM Awards 2019 for the Region. A total of 6 projects have been selected as winners representing 6 different categories – plus a special recognition award.
The competition, which began in 1999, welcomes projects that exhibit innovation and push the boundaries of structural engineering and BIM. After a public vote followed by a judging panel, the following projects were announced as the winners of the 2019 Tekla Middle East BIM Awards:
- ICD Brookfield Project by Eversendai Engineering LLC – Commercial Projects
- El Beida Cement Plant by Mabani Steel – Industrial Projects
- Kuwait University Stadium by Eversendai Engineering LLC – Sports and Recreation Projects
- The Mobility Pavilion (EXPO 2020) by Tiger Steel Engineering – Infrastructure Projects
- Tiara United Tower by Eversendai Engineering LLC – Public Projects
- Al Mouj Plaza by Galadari Engineering Works Co.LLC – Small Projects
- UAE Pavilion (EXPO 2020) by Gulf Steel – Special Recognition
"The competition this year has been very intense as there were many great models competing; shortlisting the best one out of the lot wasn’t easy,” admitted Paul Wallett, Regional Director of Trimble Solutions Middle East and India. ”Even with an overwhelming response from the public votes, we needed to make an unbiased final verdict to elect the best project that has incorporated BIM and other modern techniques in their processes. So, we involved Jury members from outside of Trimble, to analyze each project thoroughly and then passing judgment accordingly.”
“We needed seasoned Jury members whose contributions would truly do justice to the competing projects, and we were lucky enough to get accomplished members like Denis McNelis from BAM International, and Patrick O’Callaghan from Off-Site Engineering Solutions. We can’t thank them enough for their priceless contributions and we hope they participate with us again in the years to come.”
All the above winners will be given their awards in front of a large audience at the Tekla Users Day 2020. Plus, the winners of the 2019 and 2020 BIM Awards Middle East will be automatically in the running for a chance to win a pair of an all-expenses-paid trip to the Trimble Dimensions event, held in the USA, along with a pair of state-of-the-art VR glasses.
Details of the winning projects can be found on Tekla Middle East Website: https://www.tekla.com/ae