Tekla News for Infrastructure and Energy industries - Fall 2012
Welcome to Tekla News, a newsletter for Infrastructure & Energy industries. In this issue, we have gathered together current news and information on Tekla Solutions, energy distribution, public administration and civil engineering.
- Trimble introduces Tekla software solutions for utilities to the US market
- Shorter power outages
- Sites for sale on the Jyväskylä City website
- Interoperability extends life cycle support for civil engineering processes
- John Millar's column : Risk of overly specific parameterization
- Tekla Infra & Energy's Customer Satisfaction Survey 2012
- Appointments in Tekla Infra & Energy
- Events – future and past
- Tekla news & press releases
- Trimble news & press releases
Trimble introduces Tekla software solutions for utilities to the US market
Trimble Energy Distribution Utilities (TEDU) division combines the products, services and expertise of Trimble and Tekla Infrastructure & Energy, forming a global organization committed to and focused on serving Electricity, Gas and District Heating distribution utilities.
Tekla's products and technologies are introduced to the US market to complement Trimble’s comprehensive utilities solution portfolio for the market place.
Kai Lehtinen is the General Manager of TEDU division. He also continues in his current position as Senior Vice President of Infrastructure & Energy business area in Tekla. Matti Syyrakki, Tekla Infrastructure & Energy's Director of Engineering, is appointed as Business Area Director for TEDU North America.
Shorter power outages – Automatic fault isolation and efficient customer communication
When a local storm wreaks havoc and power supply is interrupted, power can be restored to a large part of the affected area's households and summer houses in a few minutes by using our automation systems.
Sites for sale on the Jyväskylä City website
The City of Jyväskylä invests on electronic services and modern information systems. Since last year, the city sites offered for sale and rental have been published on the web with Tekla eServices software. As of this autumn, the latest software developments also enable citizens to make site reservations on the web.
Interoperability extends life cycle support for civil engineering processes
Our interoperable software solutions support civil engineering processes throughout the life cycle of construction projects. The solutions offer support for preliminary planning, road and infrastructure design and construction, management of feedback from customers and other stakeholders, and quality control.
John Millar's column : Risk of overly specific parameterization
We are at a crossroads in the energy and infrastructure business, wondering whether the electricity networks will become even more connected at the transmission level in supergrids spanning the length and breadth of Europe and beyond, or whether energy production and consumption return to being more local (which is how it all began...). Both outcomes are likely, not one exclusively. Optimal solutions are rarely one extreme, but how do we soften our tendency for tribalism, for defending our pet solution? How do we realize our role in the whole?
Tekla Infra & Energy's Customer Satisfaction Survey 2012
The lucky winner is Jouni Karastia from Rovaniemen Energia Oy, Finland. The winner has been informed, and we would like to take this opportunity to congratulate him!
We conduct a survey each year to assess our performance and need for development, because we want to offer our customers the best possible products and service.
The survey results will be published on our website at a later date.
Thank you for all participants!
Appointments in Tekla Infra & Energy
We are continuously developing our business operations to be able to offer our customers high quality products and services. For this reason we have renewed our organization. The change also relates to the new business development initiative described in a separate bulletin.
The following appointments have taken place in the Infra & Energy organization:
- Marko Rautapää – Director, Product Development, NIS
- Jukka Vänttinen – Director, Product Development, GIS
- Ari Katajamäki – Marketing Manager, Infra & Energy
- Natasa Anttila-Rautio – Development Manager, Infra & Energy
- Mari Erälahti – Product Management Manager, NIS
- Juha Haikonen – Senior Business Development Manager, Energy & Water
Events – future and past
- We participate Trimble Dimensions 2012 in Las Vegas, November 5–7. Trimble Dimensions 2012 is the premier event of the year for positioning professionals wishing to stay on top of the most current information regarding advanced positioning solutions. This educational, networking and hands-on training conference provides insight into how technology can transform the way the professionals work to achieve success. For more information, visit www.trimbledimensions.com
- Tekla Infra & Energy's User Days 2013 will be held in Jyväskylä, Finland 24–25 January. The annual event is Tekla Infra & Energy's biggest, and this time we are expecting over 600 guests. The language of the event is Finnish.
- Tekla Software AB participated in VA-mässan 2012, a water and wastewater fair, held in Gothenburg, Sweden on September 18–20. The event brought together professionals in water and wastewater industry.
- Tekla Energy Days 2012 (TED12), a seminar for top professionals in the energy business, was held in Berlin, Germany on June 13–14. The9th international Tekla Energy Days was co-hosted with Vattenfall, and it brought together nearly 80 Teklans and Tekla's valued customers. Visit our event page for all global events posted on the Tekla International site. For more events, visit our Finnish, German and Swedish event pages.
Thank you for all participants – future and past!
Tekla news & press releases
- Tekla delivers software solution for managing and maintaining NSVA’s water and sewer network
- Tekla Solution for Vantaan Energia district heating
- TED12 – the Perfect Match in Berlin
Trimble news & press releases
- Trimble Quantm Alignment Planning System for Australian East Coast High-Speed Rail Project
- Trimble Adds New Flexible Track Maintenance and Construction System to its Railway Portfolio