Technical Services Manager
Tekla software for the construction and structural engineering industries is produced by Trimble Solutions, a technology company with the vision of transforming the way the world works. Tekla solutions are used for realising projects around the world, from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
We are now looking for a Technical Services Manager to join our team in Leeds, UK.
The Technical Services Manager directs, manages and provides day to day operational direction to the Support team who provide technical assistance and training to the users of our software titles. The role involves working closely with other business departments in achieving the overall goals of the company. He or she will coordinate the activities of the support team ensuring budgets, targets and deadlines are met and will be responsible for the creation and delivery of analytical support statistics. They will be expected to resolve the complex problem of speed of response versus quality of response. The role requires a full technical knowledge of our software or direct competitor products.
Ideally you will have proven experience in the training and support of software to the construction industry, 3 of those in a management role. Support of customers in Structural Engineering and BIM Authoring titles will be a definite advantage.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining KPI standards (First Response Time, NPS, Knowledge Re-Use, Time to Close, Churn)
- Direct supervision of Services employees ensuring minimum staff coverage is maintained at all times during working hours
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This includes, but is not limited to conducting timely T-Time reviews, career development plans and keeping up with scheduled tasks in our HR workday system
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Business Area Director
- Proven experience within a support/technical role within a comparable software vendor organisation
- Proven management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level education
- Very strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement support processes aligned with KPI’s and customer requirements
- Experience in managing high priority technical issues and their associated tracking and communications
- Ability to relate to customers with varying levels of technical skills and understanding; from the end-user, to the IT Manager, to the Executive level
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills needed to manage multiple requests with varying levels of importance and criticality
If you are interested in joining our team, apply via Application Form as soon as possible.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D