Software Engineering, Machine Learning
We are so excited that you are interested in working with us developing Tekla Structures and changing the construction industry! Our software has been used to accomplish the 3D design and detailing of landmark structures like the Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing or the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. Visit https://www.tekla.com/products/tekla-structures for more information about the software, and https://www.tekla.com/references to see what you will help to build.
You will be joining as a Software Engineer at our innovative Product Development unit in Espoo, Finland.
In this role you will help us deliver value to our customers by leveraging the vast mass of existing 3D model data from our customers. You will take part in developing our most cutting edge solutions that will define the future direction of our product.
As an engineer, you will find yourself most comfortable in this role if you think of yourself as a generalist that can use whichever technology fits best the task at hand. You are also interested in the world of machine learning and data engineering, because a good part of the software that you and your team will write will make decisions based on the data that we have in the cloud.
You will have the chance to:
- Prototype and develop cutting edge solutions that will disrupt the way that BIM software is used
- Be exposed to multiple technologies: Python, C#, C++ and Typescript as programming languages and we also host services in Azure and AWS
- Work in a wide range of tasks varying from applying machine learning models to getting into the nitty gritty of the inner workings of Tekla Structures, our flagship product
- Work in a diverse organization with colleagues from around 30 nationalities
- Thrive within an agile team of specialists.
These skills will help you to succeed best in this role:
- Professional experience writing software with C# or C++
- Professional experience using Python based machine learning tools like pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib or numpy
- Fluent written and spoken English
- An ability to learn and adapt fast to changes and new environments
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Enthusiasm for software engineering
- Experience and knowledge in Git based systems and Agile processes.
- Knowledge of cloud environments like Azure or AWS
- Understanding of how to use relational and non-relational databases
- 3D modeling software or construction industry knowledge.
For more information please contact Roger Carulla Bové, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358 40 760 4773 on Thursdays.
Please send your application and résumé with salary request via the APPLICATION FORM as soon as possible, but March 18, 2021 at the latest.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.