We are looking for a solid, experienced Software Engineer to join our Product Development unit in Derby, UK. We are proud of developing the world's leading software for the construction industry. Our products have been used in spectacular and demanding construction projects like the Bird´s Nest Olympic Stadium in Beijing, Yas Marina Formula 1 Circuit in Abu Dhabi and many more. We are a world class company and we look for great people to join us.
You understand the complexity of powerful software and you are ready to dive into its architecture and improve it while maintaining the integrity of the product. You can deal with legacy code, improve your performance and the code is always better after you've worked on it. And you can prove it. You care about software quality, you care about software engineering and you want to make a difference. You know that teamwork is the key to success.
We offer you...
...challenging and meaningful work in an international and innovative high-tech environment with good team spirit. We offer you the possibility to develop in a team of talented experts and challenge you to bring your best.
What we require from you
- professional experience in C++ development.
- professional experience in C# development.
- Professional experience in working on legacy code and large applications.
- Solid software design skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt fast to changes and new environments#LI-POST
- A positive, active and enthusiastic attitude to software engineering.
- Determination to deliver customer value through your expertise and effort.
What we appreciate
- professional experience developing under the Microsoft Windows environment.
- A strong desire to deliver high quality software solutions.
- Experience in 3D modeling software and/or construction industry knowledge.
- Good command of WPF.
- Professional experience in Git based version control systems.
- Professional experience with TDD and ATDD approaches.
- Professional experience of test automation including unit test development using frameworks such as NUnit and GoogleTest.
- Professional experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe.
- Experience of concurrent software design and software performance optimisation.
Your responsibilities will include
- Designing, programming, testing and documenting our software.
- Working in diverse projects from planning through to release.
- Participating actively as a team member in all team responsibilities and process development activities.
There is still a huge amount of unreleased productivity potential in the construction industry and we need great people to help us unleash it!
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply via application form as soon as possible.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. We are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success!