Rotational Development Program, Software Engineer
Trimble is recruiting for a Rotational Development Program, Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Espoo, Finland.
START DATE JULY 2019
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Trimble offers a unique opportunity for a skilled recent graduate to join the Trimble team as a part of our Engineering Rotational Development Program. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your recently gained knowledge to rotate through 4 different positions within 4 different divisions, providing you vast opportunities and great company exposure. At the end of this 24 month program you will continue your Trimble career in the position that best suits your skills and the business needs.
This is a full-time, salaried position, with benefits.
Rotations would generally include 6 months spent in the following roles:
- Designs, develops and executes comprehensive test plans and test automation solutions
- Performs functional, regression, load and integration testing
- Documents, troubleshoots and isolates problems encountered during testing
- Works with other members of the software engineering team to improve our processes, tools, methods, effectiveness and efficiency
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers
- Modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Responsible for assisting with the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems
- Develops and maintains command-line tools and web apps used internally by the engineering team to support processes such as code reviews and revision control system integration
Software Product Manager
- Provides input on product vision and features
- Participates as a member of the product development team and ensure that the product development output remains consistent with the product objectives
- Coordinates the development and review of the documentation needed for the success of the product or solution
- Assists in defining product requirements in the form of Market Requirements Documents, or user stories
- Develops both internal and external product training materials
- Participates in industry trade association events, technical working groups, seminars, etc.
Rotations would generally include time spent in 4 of the following divisions:
Geospatial Office Software
Civil Engineering and Construction
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
Characteristics / Skills Required
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture
- High attention to detail, with strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to change and ambiguity
- Proven ability to articulate thoughts verbally and in written form in a professional and organized manner
- Strong desire to advance and be challenged
- Takes ownership and sees assignments through to completion
Education / Experience Required
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Programming ability in either C++, C# and/or
- 1 year internship or work experience required
- Experience with Windows and Mac platforms, Google Apps and Chrome, Firefox, Safari and/or IE browsers
- Domain related experience or knowledge with computer vision, photogrammetry, 3D modeling, artificial Intelligence, signal processing, image recognition, GNSS or similar
- Familiarity with the Agile System Development Lifecycle
Please send your application and résumé with salary request via application form as soon as possible.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D