Project Engineer / Structural Engineer
We are looking for a Structural Engineer to work as a Project Engineer in our development team at our office in Leeds, UK.
A project engineer may be expected to execute and/or manage any operational or project activity within the company to which he/she is able to make an appropriate contribution. The key duties of a project engineer are to:
- Prepare and review Scoping Statements, Feasibility Studies for development projects
- Prepare and review User Requirement Specifications when appropriate
- Develop appropriate engineering calculations using TEDDS and/or spreadsheets
- Review appropriate parts of the software development process
- Prepare, review and execute test plans to ensure the production of high quality, robust and accurate software products.
- Provide assistance with the production of product documentation
- Provide customer and sales support when called upon to do so
- Contribute fully to the product development process by providing feedback on the existing product and suggestions for future enhancements
- Take an interest in all aspects of structural engineering technology with a view to advising on new trends and new technology. Disseminate this information within Tekla.
- Adopt a flexible approach to general work tasks and be willing to undertake a variety of work.
- Represent Tekla in a professional manner at all times.
- To achieve high quality, robust and accurate software products with real commercial value.
- To ensure individual work plans are achievable and where possible to contribute directly to the estimating process, thereby ensuring that the overall implementation process is accurately estimated.
- To produce high levels of customer satisfaction from Tekla’s engineering software products.
- Educated to engineering degree level or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years building design experience to the BS/Eurocodes/US codes, with a strong emphasis on steel and reinforced concrete buildings.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent team skills.
Experience in any of the following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Foundation design
- Seismic analysis and design
- Design of post tensioned beams and slabs in buildings.
We enjoy an open working atmosphere that encourages us to share and utilise knowledge. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits including pension, health. If you are interested in joining our team, pls apply via APPLICATION FORM as soon as possible.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.