Pre-Sales Engineer - MEP Nordics
Would you like to change your MEP career path? We are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer with a MEP background to join our dynamic team in Espoo, Finland.
This key role is a hybrid marketing/sales/customer success type role. In this job, your primary near-term goal is to ensure the success of Trimble’s entrance into the Nordics mechanical and electrical engineering and detailing market.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer you will be responsible for the understanding of the Nordic MEP market and customer needs, informing the product roadmap based on customer feedback, generating customer target lists, doing product demos, supporting sales, and ensuring customer onboarding by providing training and support. This is a very exciting role for you with a background in MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) and a highly entrepreneurial mindset to take on a new challenge. With ongoing success, this position can lead into a more specialised role and growing a team. In your role, you are heavily supported by a product marketing team leading the go-to-market preparation and product launch. You will report to the Sales Director.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Create understanding of the Nordics MEP industry of consulting engineers and contractors, their challenges, needs and workflows
- Assist Product Marketing to segment the market, identify target customer groups and define the messaging and positioning to successfully generate interest in the product
- Understanding the competitive landscape and give recommendations on how our product can differentiate and win as we incrementally release and grow
- Work with product management to inform and prioritise our roadmap in response to customer’s requests, and outcompete alternative solutions
- Define detailed manufacturer content requirements for the Content team to understand and deliver in a timely fashion, including specification of not only manufacturers, but product lines and specific items
- Create customer target lists and cold call prospects in order to arrange product demos
- Conduct product demonstrations, support sales team and process orders
- Ensure customer onboarding by providing training and phone support on the product
- Write and localise training and support material, tutorials, etc. where necessary
- Act in a customer success capacity, guide the early adopters as well as the introduction of new modules in the future
- Organise customer meetings, customer workshops and discuss questions, issues and recommendations in groups
- Liaise closely with product management and product marketing and enable them to take informed decisions based on feedback you gathered from the market.
We expect you to have:
- Recent experience in working as an engineer, project manager, BIM manager, or draftsperson in an engineering consultancy or in a contracting company
- Background in MEP with strong hands-on expertise of the Nordics MEP market
- BS/BA degree, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Ability to communicate fluently in Finnish and English
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a go-getter attitude and high ambition
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and presentation skills; ability to work across remote and onsite teams and functions, and get people that do not report to you to meet your requirements
- Strong self-drive to communicate often and in most efficient manor, a lot of our teams are internationally fragmented.
You also need to have an ability and willingness to travel globally, but predominantly across Europe, driver's license and a permission to work in the EU. Swedish and Norwegian fluent skills can be seen as a benefit.
Join our team! With us you will work in a diverse, entrepreneurial, open and innovative high-tech environment. You will work with highly talented colleagues with plenty of opportunities for you to learn and share your learnings. As a company we offer possibilities to grow inside the company, a great work-life balance and a lot of opportunities to get acquainted with other Trimbleans in the hobby clubs. See more about working at Trimble: Life at Trimble, Sakari and Life at Trimble, Ligia
If you are interested in joining our multicultural and dynamic team, send you CV and Cover Letter with your salary request via APPLICATION FORM as soon as possible.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. www.trimble.com
Trimble Employment Data Privacy Statement. This website allows you to apply for career opportunities at Trimble and its affiliated companies. This statement is to notify you of the practices that will govern the processing of personal information you provide on the employment section of this website and to obtain your consent for the use of this personal information consistent with this notice.