Trimble Solutions UK provides the construction industry with Tekla Building Information Modeling (BIM) and structural design and analysis software solutions that are in the core of the construction workflow. The solutions allow customers to achieve greater competitive edge through improved collaboration, efficiency and accuracy. Tekla tools are used for realizing projects around the world from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Business Director to manage and lead Trimble Buildings Structures UK organization and to achieve the sales targets established for the company. In addition, the Business Director is to successfully manage, operate and optimize the company operations as well as to maintain, improve and build customer relationships. The business goal of this position is to secure good double digit growth of the current business volume.
The position is located in Leeds. Business Director reports directly to the GM of Trimble Buildings Structures Division in Espoo, Finland.
Business Director’s responsibilities include:
- Full P/L responsibility for Trimble Solutions UK Ltd.
- Planning and forecasting strategic sales, e.g. preparing annual budget and action plans
- Assisting in developing/establishing area and channel strategy in the sales area (UK) for the present and future
- Developing and executing marketing strategies/plans
- Optimizing the marketing, sales and customer processes
- Assisting in the acquisition of new customers and visiting most important customers and industry key influencers regularly
- Maintaining frequent communications with Structures team in Finland, e.g. reporting area activities
- Ensuring that division operations are in compliance with local laws and regulations including Trimble corporate rules and instructions.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in managing a small entity or running a large sales organization with P/L responsibility
- Experienced in (IT-related) b-to-b sales
- Well connected within the building & construction industry in the UK area
- Construction/software background
- Knowledge of 3D/BIM software in construction
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proven strategic and operational leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced in working in a multicultural/international business environment
- Result and goal oriented
- Ambitious and proactive.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
If you are interested in joining our internationally successful and dynamic team, please apply via Application Form as soon as possible, March 25 at the latest.
Further information about the position from Louise Britton, HR Manager, on March 14 and 18 between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., tel. + +44 113 887 9790.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com