Business Development Manager, Steel Segment
Trimble Solutions UK provides the construction industry with Tekla Building Information Modeling (BIM) and structural design and analysis software solutions that are in the core of the construction workflow. The solutions allow customers to achieve greater competitive edge through improved collaboration, efficiency and accuracy. Tekla tools are used for realizing projects around the world from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Steel Segment team in Leeds, UK.
The Business Development Manager role is crucial to the revenue performance of Trimble Solutions (UK) Ltd. The role’s key responsibility is to generate new sales and grow existing accounts within the specific geographic area both within the traditional structural steel market and the sub-sectors that Trimble Solutions operates in. The role also requires a close collaboration with all departments in the company, not least Services and Development.
Responsibilities to Trimble:
- Always support Trimble and its products at all times
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times but especially when interacting with customers
- Always remember our responsibilities and accountability to customers
- Be proactive at all times
- Abide by the Trimble Solutions Rule Book at all times.
Responsibilities and Expectations in the role include:
- Take full responsibility for hitting of individual and team targets
- Make necessary calls to ensure targets are hit and sales funnel is developed
- Regular addition of leads and weekly qualification of those leads to accounts
- Full use of CRM and all data entry into CRM
- Pro-active Account Management of all accounts in your territory and segment
- Monthly reporting to the Business Director on planned sales activities for coming month and results and feedback from previous months activities
- Monthly sales forecasting to Business Director for current month, next month and current and next quarter
- Building relationships and rapport with customers
- Providing comprehensive technical demonstrations of Tekla software
- Site visits to customers
- Become an expert in new versions and new features, always encouraging their use with the customer.
- Taking an active interest as a team member in all team responsibilities.
- Going out of your way to ensure the customer is happy and satisfied
- Strive to improve our customer satisfaction (Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey score, helpdesk resolution/response times, etc)
- Provide input, advice and feedback to headquarters – attend global meetings as required
- Liaise with all other teams, individuals within Trimble to gain maximum benefit throughout the organization
- Provide influential feedback and product requirement input to the UK localization effort and to the development of the product across all segments
- Ensure you represent Trimble at all times, on the phone, by email, in person.
- Remember at all times that when speaking to customers you are always representing Trimble and always acting as a salesman.
- Speak to all your accounts at least twice a year
- Sell maintenance and the benefit of it to all your accounts
- Any other tasks as defined by the Business Director.
- Self motivated, customer and teamwork orientated with excellent communication skills
- Experience of a sales environment within the AEC, EPC or ENI software sectors
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team and towards team targets
- Experience within the Building and Construction industry
- Willing to travel.
If you are interested in joining our internationally successful and dynamic team, please apply via Application Form as soon as possible.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com