Application Specialist - Structural Engineering Software
Trimble is recruiting for a Structural Engineering Software Application Specialist
Trimble is recruiting dynamic, friendly and motivated structural engineers to join our US team.
If you are seeking a change from the design office and would like to use your industry experience to move into the exciting world of analysis and design software here's an opportunity to join a leader in the field. In this position you will be working as part of a team with both existing and potential customers to promote the use of Tekla Structural Designer and Tekla Tedds in their design process. Trimble's customers include many of the best engineering firms in the country who are continually pushing technology boundaries.
Application Specialists have a key role in our sales team, working closely with Account Managers to understand the needs of prospective customers then demonstrating how Tekla analysis and design software will help them improve their process. Additionally, the selected candidate will be expected to support Tekla’s current engineering clients with their implementations as well as support our Customer Services team with their knowledge of the structural engineering industry.
In this exciting and challenging role you will -
- Carry out pre-sales technical demonstrations of Tekla Structural Designer
- Assist Account Managers with technical issues
- Support potential clients through evaluations and implementations of Tekla Structural Designer & Tekla Tedds
- Provide consultancy services to customers regarding best practice and work flow
- Assist with industry trade shows, user events and technical seminars
- Assist with product testing for new product development
- Assist with the preparation of training material and conducting training courses
- Develop technical marketing materials for Tekla analysis and design software
- Convey customer and industry requirements to our software development team
We're looking for candidates who -
- have a degree in structural engineering
- have experience using 3D analysis and design software
- have practical structural engineering experience
- are natural and confident communicators
- have a desire to use their engineering knowledge in a commercial role
Additional skills which would be an advantage -
- Experience using Tekla Structural Designer
- Professional Engineering qualification (PE)
- Sales, pre-sales or customer service experience
The successful candidate must also -
- Have permission to work in the USA
- Hold a valid driving license
- Be prepared to travel domestically up to 30%
- Be prepared to travel internationally on occasion
- Preferred location is Kennesaw, GA (metro-Atlanta) but remote working is possible
We are Trimble! We design, build, and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the eco-system. This is the universe we live and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D