Tekla Structures 2017i
With the new Spiral Beam, modeling complex structures such as spiral shaped, sloped ramps and stairs is quick and easy regardless of the material. The spiral beam maintains a constant up direction for the profile and provides accurate, constructible geometry.
Faster, easier detailing documentation
The new, smart and easy to use Layout and Template Editors make creation of drawing layouts and customized schedules and reports faster and easier.
- With the drawing Layout Editor, drawing setup and layout are now more intuitive: what you see is what you get. As you can edit layouts directly on a drawing, generating more reliable drawings from your model becomes quicker and easier.
- Template Editor allows faster creation of reliable schedules and reports with exact quantities in a format that meets the standards of your business and looks professional.
Plates, slabs, polybeams and strip footings can now contain more than 100 polygon points. Working with complex panel, facade and other profiles is now easier, as is modeling bridges and large infrastructure projects.
The new limits:
- 1000 points in parts
- 1000 bolts per group
- 999 points in a single profile cross section
Improved drawing snapshots
Take advantage of drawing snapshots without opening and editing the drawing: Use the snapshot preview to see if they even need to be opened for editing. Similarly, the drawing snapshot is instantly available for overlay in the model.
Steel bent plate improvements
Working with bent plates is now easier than ever. You can bind the handles of bent plates in custom components and create parametric bent plate shapes as custom parts, and as part of a custom detail or connection. Handles can be moved ‘out of plane’, which allows changing the angle of a bend after creation of the bent plate.
Reinforcement: The next generation method keeps developing
The flexible and intelligent Tekla method for modeling and modifying reinforcement in 3D has new functionalities for efficient creation of detailed, fabrication and construction ready rebar models of any type of concrete structure.
- Rebar Shape Placing Tool is the most user friendly and flexible tool for quick and easy placement of any rebar bending shape in 3D. Define fast the settings for bar shapes, and benefit from the flexible, automated placement of the defined bar shapes into the concrete parts and pours where they belong to.
- Create rebar sets using pre-defined bending shapes from the rebar catalogue or define the bar shape directly according to the concrete cross section where the rebar is placed.
- Rebar set is automatically created following the geometry of the concrete object and the spacing settings defined.
- Reinforcement automatically adapts to changes in concrete. Placed bars can be modified without ungrouping the rebar set.
- You can now create Curved crossing and longitudinal bars as rebar sets, which makes creating and modifying structures more efficient.
Rebar annotation tools automate repetitive tasks when creating rebar drawings. Annotation styles allow faster production of drawings that meet your company standards and industry requirements. Create rebar marks, pull-out pictures and rebar group dimensions with fewer clicks.
Floor and Wall Layout tools are now at hand in the Ribbon menu and easier to use, too. Direct preview in Floor Layout makes modeling easier and prevents misplacements of panels. You can move and copy both floor and wall openings by dragging and dropping.