Understanding the building and its design options is what quality design is all about. This involves visualizing the projects and having the right tools to change ideas into practice.
- Focus on essential design decisions by freeing up time using automated routine tasks, extremely powerful modeling, and an integrated, faster workflow
- Design in real-time 3D with an accurate, fully object-based model and utilize the model or parts of it in your preferred A&D solution. Once analyzed, update the model with the resulting data- no more duplicate modeling!
- Whenever you need to make changes, do them in the model- all related output reacts to the changes automatically
- Use automated clash checks to expose conflicts before they become a problem
Connections and Details
There is a comprehensive library of modeling components available in Tekla Structures. Users can add connections or details, whether structural steel, precast concrete, or cast-in-place to convey design intent to the detailer or contractor.
The Tekla Structures model is used downstream by detailers to complete connection modeling and detailing, and create fabrication/manufacturing deliverables.
- Create a complete building model with connections to check for possible collisions with plant design during the conceptual design phase
- Model exposed steel connections for architect to approve aesthetics
- Include connections in drawing sections and details, resulting in faster construction drawing creation