To enter the Tekla North America BIM Awards, please provide us with the following:
- Tekla Structures model (.db1) and in which environment it was created in
- Full Tekla BIMsight model (.tbp) including bolts, reinforcement and reference files
- Snapshots of the model (min. 3 image files e.g. JPG) featuring the whole model and relevant details
- We also recommend you to highlight the best parts of your project by saving them as snapshots in the Tekla BIMsight project.
- Sample drawings of the projects (2-3 PDF files)
- Project information filled in to given XLS form
- Photographs (min .1 image file) or artist's impressions of the project
IF you have done any system modifications please submit also:
- profile database (profdb.bin)
- material database (matdb.bin)
- bolt database (screwdb.db)
- bolt assembly database (assdb.db)
- rebar database (rebar_database.inp)
- parametric profiles (profitab.inp)
By entering a model to the competition, you give the permission to Tekla to use the model and images of the model for marketing and sales demonstration purposes (including e.g. publishing the model to Tekla Web Viewer or Tekla BIMsight application and using project information and images in Tekla marketing material).
Any model created with Tekla Structures software creates a .db1 file. This can be found in a model folder along with any associated profile database, material database and sketched profiles.
Simply copy the whole folder onto a CD and post it to us. If there is anything contained within the folder that you'd prefer not to send to us, for example contract documentation, please remove it. Remember to state which competition category you are entering your model to.
Send entries to:
Attn: Marketing; Tekla North America BIM Awards 2012
114 Townpark Drive, Suite 500
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Email entries to: (size limit 17MB)
Please contact us at email@example.com