The basic training course is designed to provide the basic knowledge and skills to get you started with Tekla Structures.
On the first day we start the course with an introduction to Tekla, a brief demonstration of the software and an overview of the week. Starting with the basics you will continue through to more advanced techniques as the week progresses.
You will learn the following:
- Modelling of all parts, beams, columns, walls, hollowcore etc.
- Modelling of reinforcement and cast-in items
- Modelling of connections and features for concrete parts and to a steel structure using macros and user defined connections
- How to create hardware / embedments
- An overview of different hardware catalogues
- Simple components and adding some basic intelligence
- Sketching of profiles
- Navigation of the modelling environment and visualisation of the model
- Creation of cast unit (for precast) and reinforcement drawings
- Creation of general arrangement drawings
- Generation of material and hardware reports as well as bar bending schedules
- Generation of machine data for automated manufacturing
- Issuing procedure for models and management of drawings
- User attributes and how to use them
- Phasing and Lotting
- Simple drawing templates
- Basic interoperability with other modelling and design software
- Tekla BIMsight
You will take away:
- The confidence and skills to be productive on your return to the office
- Insight into the potential of what can be achieved with Tekla Structures
- An introduction to BIM and BIM processes
- Knowledge of how to contact Tekla Support and use our support tool
- A Tekla Extranet account and knowledge of its benefits
- Simple drawing settings (for new customers)
- A certificate to confirm completion of training
- New relationships with your fellow trainees and with Tekla
- The opportunity to tell us how we can improve.
Some industry knowledge and a willingness to learn.
We advise that you work through the Links and materials provided.