Tekla (UK) Limited was established in April 1999 in Ossett, West Yorkshire, on the ground floor of a converted warehouse. As the business grew so did the Tekla UK team and before long relocation to larger offices was necessary; so in January 2001 Tekla UK relocated to a new office complex in Morley, Leeds.
Tekla (UK) limited is part of Tekla Corporation.
Tekla Corporation in brief:
- Established in 1966
- Headquarters in Espoo, Finland
- Global presence: own offices in Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Great Britain, France, Germany, the U.S.A, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, China, India, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates
- World-wide partner network
- Shares of Tekla Corporation are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd
- Net sales in 2010 amounted to nearly 58 million euros and operating result to 10 million euros.
- Two business areas: Building & Construction (share of net sales in 2010: 74%) and Infra & Energy (26%)
- International operations accounted for about 80% of net sales
- Customers in 100 countries
- Employs more than 500 people, of whom approximately 200 work in the area offices
- See organisation chart
Tekla became part of Trimble Group in July, 2011. More information on Trimble at: www.trimble.com