Tekla Solution for municipalities
Manage built environment data and carry out municipal building process tasks
Tekla Solution for municipalities is a productized set of modular Tekla software applications and services for managing built environment data and carrying out municipal planning and building process tasks from land use planning to building supervision, asset management and customer service.
Process tasks and customer service activities are supported by modular industry applications which address each process and user group-specific need. Supported activities cover
- land use planning
- property management
- cadastral services
- building control
- environmental control
- street and park management.
The advanced data management enables modeling and managing of all information related to natural and built environment, and needed in the municipal building process tasks. Our technology has enabled the integration of data contents in municipal basic registers in the same technical platform, which has created an excellent basis for building process support for public administration and enabled sharing of information between different applications and processes. Geospatial data and functionalities are utilized throughout the business processes.
Modern customer service can be achieved with our ready-made eService tools which can easily be customized for each customer organization.
- Best efficiency for municipal technical and environmental services, building processes and infrastructure management tasks
- Well-considered, optimized decisions on strategic planning and asset management
- High customer satisfaction and work efficiency
- Less errors and wider data utilization
- Fast, flexible customer service, both in the office and on the internet
- Easy distribution and use of building process and GIS data throughout the organization and interest groups
Tekla GIS is a set of modular software applications for municipalities' technical activities, and covers the following areas and applications:
- Municipal Registers
- Land Use Planning
- Building Control
- Property Management
- Street and Park Management
Dedicated applications extend the process support to web and mobile environments and are utilized in, for example, customer service and field work:
Services and Support
Our first priority is to meet the needs of our customers. Cutting-edge technology is only worth the investment if it produces results. To ensure that each customer gets the most out of their Tekla solution, the following services are available:
Installation and integration
Fast, efficient and successful system installation and integration is one of the cornerstones of our operations. The installation and integration service includes any configuration tasks needed to tailor the product to fit the customer’s processes and environment. An implementation plan is always created together with the customer. The plan includes a report of the status of the customer's existing data, equipment and the equipment capacity, description of installation and integration task, and any required data conversions. The plan also defines how and when the users can start using the new system. Installation and integration tasks are carried out gradually to ensure a smooth transition to a new system.
Conversions and data migration
We evaluate all existing data together with the customer and determine the tasks required to use the existing data in the new system. The data is classified and transferred from old information systems to the new system. Depending on the format of the existing data, data capture, conversions and digitizing may also be required before the transfer. We have years of experience in data conversions and an extensive library of conversion tools that enable quick data conversion from most existing systems to any Tekla solution.
In cooperation with our partners, we provide data gathering and digitizing services.
Data migration may also be needed during the product’s life cycle, for example, if the customer wants to diversify and increase the amount of data managed with our system. We provide migration and conversion services for these situations too.
We meet all training needs related to our solutions by providing general and customer-specific training courses for system administrators and professional end users.
Our well-defined training courses allow the users to utilize the system to its fullest potential, and can be used:
- After the system implementation phase, to train the key users in all the functionalities of the product, and all system users in the specific functionalities they need in their work.
- Any time when new system users require training.
- When new functionalities are added to the system due to version upgrades or specific customer requirements.
General and customized courses can be arranged either at the customer or Tekla premises.
With extensive experience in the public infrastructure management and energy distribution industries, we have found solutions to many our customers’ problems. We can help our customers to improve both work processes and the utilization of IT support. Our professional consultants assist the customers, for example, in:
- Solving technical and operational issues with the Tekla system
- Assessing, developing and optimizing the system’s work processes
- Managing the information in the system
- Integrating existing and new systems to the system
- Discovering untapped possibilities, for example, by determining how to extract more value from existing data
- Developing new services for the customer's customer
The main purpose of our helpdesks is to support the customer's daily operations so that our systems function as expected and any problems are solved as quickly as possible. Together with training and consultation services, our helpdesks ensure that the customers can concentrate on their core business and use their systems as efficiently as possible. As IT professionals, our technical support staff is the best in the business and committed to providing prompt and efficient assistance.
We take care that our customers are informed of updates to their solutions. The latest product versions contain the most up-to-date functionality and bug fixes. We can also perform the version installation or help customers with it. An important part of version installation is to ensure that possible database updates are successful, changes in the environment are done correctly and the updated system functions as expected. The version deliveries are often combined with training or consultation services to help the customer to quickly reap the benefits of the new version.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
For customers who want to avoid maintenance tasks related to a software system, we offer a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. This means that we manage the hardware and software related to the product – partly or entirely, leaving the customer free to concentrate on managing and using the actual data in the system.
We also provide a regional solution that enables multiple customers in the same area to share one Tekla solution. Software as a Service means that one customer hosts and maintains the actual system covering the data for multiple customers, while the other customers simply have access to it.
What is Tekla Solution?
Each Tekla Solution is a productized set of Tekla software applications and services for a certain customer group. In the core of the solution is the industry-specific product model which contains key infrastructure and business data.
High-level process support for the customer tasks is provided by industry applications with built-in GIS functionality. Solution capabilities include high-end interoperability with other systems and excellent support for the customer service of our customers.
Tekla Solutions cover various customer processes
Implementation of Tekla Solutions is fast, fluent and secure
- Implementation of Tekla Solutions is fast, fluent and secure
- Solution is modular – customer chooses what is needed
- Solution consist of ready-made applications and functionalities
- Solution is highly interoperable and thus it fits to customer's IT environment
- Implementation is done in pre-thought phases according to customer's priorities
- A lot of prework is done by Tekla both by productizing the solutions and by consultation