Powerful product model and comprehensive editing tools for managing infrastructure data
All Tekla Civil engineering applications use the same model to store and manage infrastructure data. Model creation and editing functionality is versatile and dedicated for each different branch of design. The centralized model stored in a standard database enables several users to simultaneously work in the same design project and even the same part of the project.
Data can be exported and imported in dedicated formats and in common CAD and GIS formats, such as DWG, DXF, DGN, LandXML, Shape and MIF, with transformation to different coordinate systems.
Tekla Civil enables the creation of all needed drawings. Drawings are automatically produced from the model data so drawings are always up to date. Drawings can be completed with versatile free graphics.
- Efficient designing
- Improved team efficiency and less errors
- Faster start for design projects
- Cost savings and improved efficiency
Comprehensive application for designing roads, streets and areal infrastructures by utilizing a continuous 3D model
Tekla's Infrastructure Design application is used for designing the alignments and structures of all types of corridors from sketching to structural design and final engineering by utilizing a continuous 3D model.
Examples of possible design targets include
- highways, roads and streets
- railroads, tramlines and subway rails
- tunnels and bridges
- sea routes
- sports tracks and
- pipe trenches.
The application includes dedicated, wide functionality for railroad design.
The application also supports designing area type of structures in detail, e.g.
- roundabouts and parking lots
- dumping areas
- noise barriers
- excavations and open mines and
- landing strip areas.
The end result is a continuous and detailed 3D structural model which enables accurate mass and quantity calculations, stake out and 3D visualization.
- Cost savings by supporting the design work of various different structures
- Minimized errors in planning process
- Accurate cost estimation of land construction projects
- Fast start for new design projects
- Possibility to model even the most complicated structures with freely definable parametric structure types
Comprehensive application for designing water supply networks with full integration to other infrastructure and design information
Pipeline Design application is used for designing water, sewer, district heating and drainage structures such as wells, pipes, culverts, pumping stations and valves. The application manages connections between objects, providing the designer tools to immediately check the structures for errors. The application enables examining collisions and gradients. It contains automation for designing using alignment and surface connections.
Pipe excavations with all desired layers can be planned together with pipes, which enables accurate mass calculations and pipe structure visualizations.
The end result is a continuous and detailed 3D pipe network and excavation model, which enables accurate quantity calculations, stake out and visualization.
- Efficient design process
- Faster design work
- Collisions and other design errors detected early in the process
Soil investigation register and tools to manage and utilize soil investigation data
Soil Investigations application manages all soil investigation methods, their data and versatile presentations on map, in 3D, as profiles or as diagrams.
The application is equally well suited for soil investigation planning and to be used as a soil investigation register.
Application tools enable creating and checking terrain and rock surfaces automatically.
- Efficient utilization of soil investigation data
- Secured investment in soil investigations
- Wider utilization of soil investigation information in design and construction
Equipment and Park Design
Easy-to-use application for designing equipment and green areas in infrastructure projects
Tekla Equipment and Park Design application is used for designing equipment and green areas in infrastructure projects. The versatile model supports e.g.
- traffic signs
- driveway markings
- traffic control equipment
- fences and rails
- planting and green belts and
With the application, it is also possible to configure new attributes for equipments as well as entirely new types of equipment. Versatile and accurate quantity and location reports can be produced directly from the model.
The application also includes a register for centralized management of equipment.
- Efficient design work
- Comprehensive plans including equipment and their visualizations
- Accurate cost estimates
Powerful tools for managing and utilizing terrain models
Terrain Modeler enables efficient modeling of limitless amount of terrain surfaces data. Terrain modeler contains tools for creating and editing models from traditional source data as well as from laser data.
With the application, the terrain can be visualized with, for example, profiles, contour lines, coloring and shading. The application enables the reduction of surface data and merging of surfaces in several ways. Terrain modeler enables various analyses of terrain surfaces, including mass calculations, difference contours and flow paths.
The application also enables the interpretation of terrain properties that can be utilized in calculations.
- Accurate planning and analysis
- Reduced work effort and less errors
- Improved communication through 3D visualization
Tools for managing final engineering data on infrastructure construction site with integration to design solutions
Tekla On-Site Operations offers an easy way to modify designs under real circumstances during construction. It provides tools to follow construction progress and assure quality by comparing as-built to as-designed. The application significantly enhances collaboration between infrastructure design and construction.
Tekla On-Site Operations offers easy-to-use interfaces for different user groups. Design office mode, On-Site office mode and Field mode bring out frequently used functionalities to a specified user. GPS location can be used to orientate designs while viewing them on site.
- Trouble free data management and collaboration process between final engineering and construction
- Easy-to-use interfaces for different user groups
- Visual support for construction by providing a 3D view of project
- Improved efficiency with easy designing of by-pass roads and other on-site arrangements
- Visual follow-up for construction progress and quality assurance