Comprehensive tools for making power network calculations for both current and future network setups in radial and meshed networks
The network designer uses the Tekla Power System Analysis application during network planning to check the technical dimensioning of existing, new and planned networks to ensure that the network objects meet the electricity distribution requirements.
- Load flow calculations help to determine whether the cables and other network components are correctly dimensioned.
- Short-circuit and earth fault calculations check the dimensioning of the protection devices with the maximum and minimum short-circuit and earth fault currents part of all parts of the network.
- Reliability calculation is used to compare the long-term costs and reliability of different scenarios to choose the ideal network structure.
- Possibility to plan and verify safe and optimal usage of the network
- Easier to determine the optimal investments in network construction
- Checking dimensioning and protection