Tekla Structures software includes a user interface for building both the physical and analytical geometry of the model.
- Integrate the analysis model with other analysis and design applications
- Analyze and then pass data results (profile changes) back into the model
- Re-analyze the model at any time
Tekla Structures can interface with several Analysis and Design (A&D) packages through Tekla Open API™, an open application programming interface.
- Supported formats: SDNF, CIS/2, IFC structural
- Supported systems: SAP2000, Staad.Pro, S-FRAME, GTStrudl, Robot, Dlubal RFEM, and RSTAB, MidasIT
There are several benefits in linking with A&D packages:
- Coordination and visualization of the model, drawings, and reports
- Simultaneous collaboration for both engineers and draftsmen
- Efficient change management for up-to-date project information
- Coordination with in-house A&D calculation spreadsheets
- Compatibility with Excel to perform component or connection design
- Built-in connection to design calculations